Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this of any use to anyone?
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
Is this of any use to anyone?
http://www.iomtt.com/Home/Forum/ShowPost...tID=121211

seen over on 'the other side' - ex-competitor offering help and garage space to a newcomer
11-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: Is this of any use to anyone?
Here's his message:

I know it may be a little late in the day but here goes.

I would like to offer a little help to a newcomer racing in this years MGP.

I have a recently cleaned up garage with a (sort of ) bike bench, light and power available about a mile from the Grandstand.

In my experience its nice to get away from the Hub bub of the paddock and have a bit of peace and quiet to work on the bike/s so you have time to think and get your head around what you are doing.

I have competed in 11 or 12 MGP since 1991( I,ve lost count really) riding 4 strokes machines of all sizes with a fastest lap of 112mph. I can help with machine preparation, set up and take you around and talk you through any problem areas. I have lived here for 10 years now and have quite a few contacts should you have any problems.

Unfortunately due to work commitments I am unable to ride this year but will be carrying out marshall commitments throughout the fortnight, any spare bods should seriously consider the same as I think this year more than any other it will be the lack of marshalls that will create any problems.

I would ideally be looking for a newcomer riding a 4 stroke as that is where my experience lies, not looking for a race winner just someone who is putting in a 100% effort and is serious about what they are trying to achieve.

If you or Know anyone that may be interested you can e-mail me keithwilliams@manx.net

Best of luck to everyone racing this year and keep it safe. There is always another race next year
11-08-2008, 11:54 AM