Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newcomers behind Marshal dont work
eric Offline

Threads: 13
Newcomers behind Marshal dont work
Once again it was proved that controlled laps behind marshals do not work as again tonight a rider lost 2 minutes of the back of the group and crashed at crukshanks
he is perfectly ok but unless you keep them all bunched up the back guys are on their own to do what speed they want
and bunching them up is a bad idea as we saw with the american sidcar crew with James still in hospital 2 years later
it does not work so have another look at it before someone else gets hurt bad
19-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Newcomers behind Marshal dont work
You're right Eric - when you think about it, it can't work.

They should do away with the "controlled" element altogether - just run the Newcomers-only lap totally untimed.

Dammit, they're not kids, so stop treating them like kids!!!
19-08-2008, 01:26 AM
Find Reply
kmckay Offline

Threads: 1
I mentioned to the previous CoC that there's more than enough
experienced (i.e. TT riders, Gary Carswell, big H etc) riders on the
IoM to run this on a one-to-one basis rather than one TM followed
by eight or so newcomers.

One to one might be useful I think; being on the back of a gaggle
of bikes with no sight of the TM's lines is no use at all.
Ramsey, IoM
19-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
larryd Wrote:You're right Eric - when you think about it, it can't work.

They should do away with the "controlled" element altogether - just run the Newcomers-only lap totally untimed.

Dammit, they're not kids, so stop treating them like kids!!!

I can understand both points of view but, short of fitting stabilisers or sat-nav on the newcomers on the first few laps, I can't think of a better solution.

Several silly boys (acting like kids) last night seemed to be deliberately hanging back from their group, then opening up the throttle to catch up. One such nearly had a close encounter with the hard landscape at Gorse Lea, simply because he was performing a speed-burst and was too far behind the group to see where he should have been going. He may have stopped for a change of underwear at Ballacraine.
19-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
I hope the Gorse Lea marshals took his number and reported him.Stupid little boys like this need to be shown up in front of fellow competitors, as they put other people in danger, never mind themselves.smilie
19-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
See just goes to show no matter what you do to help riders like these, you ar always going top get the prats out there. As for those who couldn't keep up with the TM's, well if they carn't keep up then maybe they shouldn't really be out there. I know this is going to be contraversial but there you go....
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
19-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Find Reply