Burrows/Murphy /split
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
Burrows/Murphy /split
OFFICIAL Wording from John Burrows;

Hi Everyone,

I’m sure by now you will have heard the news, that Hugh Murphy of HM Sports Motorhomes and I have gone our separate ways for 2009.

It is something I knew was on the cards from early on in the season as Hugh had expressed to me that he wasn’t enjoying the racing in the way he used to, which I can understand. Even though I was expecting this, I must admit I am saddened that we have parted, Hugh has been there for me through the good and the bad times and by this, I don’t mean just on a racing level.

As I write this, it would be wrong for me to say what my exact plans for next season are, however, it is my intentions to be on the grids again for a full season of Irish Road Racing plus the NW, TT, Southern 100, UGP and the Classic Manx GP .

I’d just like to publicly wish Hugh all the best whatever the future holds for him, and Thank him for all he has done for me in our six years together. It doesn’t seem so long ago, since our partnership started, and as we all know in this sport, It take’s a lot of money to run motorbikes and Hugh certainly put his money on the table, Thanks Murf, Much appreciated.

On a lighter note I’m off to Brands Hatch this weekend to watch the last round of the BSB, so I am looking forward to seeing the cool hair do’s and sun glasses about the paddock…!!!
I get back on Monday morning and head straight from the airport to Dundonald Hospital to get the pins removed from my fingers that I injured at Croft back at the start of the year. No doubt that will be fun!!

John Burrows#16

listen FM two part interview 7.20pm and 7.40 pm
http://manxradio.com/progProfile.aspx?pID=1192
09-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Website Find Reply