UK’s fastest female road racer to make Isle of Man TT races debut
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
RE: UK’s fastest female road racer to make Isle of Man TT races debut
DCLUCIE, I have to agree with you.When I first rode in the TT, it was because ladies were not allowed to compete in the MGP,so it was TT or nothing.Unless you have some experience on the roads, I really believe that you should have to do the MGP first, particularly now a TT course licence is needed.We have all discussed this before, but how do 6 meetings round a circuit like Mallory bear any resemblance to the TT? You should have to compete in a least 3 meetings on some kind of public roads.
I do believe that it is some kind of ego thing, but it is also about finance, as most of the MGP riders do not receive the same amount of sponsorship as TT competitors do, and they do not have their travel expenses paid either.It adds up to the fact that is is far more lucrative to do the TT,and it attracts far more publicity
There are always exceptions to the rule,as we have seen with riders such as Steve Plater, but machines are so fast nowadays, that there is no substitute for experience,so I hope Jenny takes it easy until she really knows her way round.
16-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK’s fastest female road racer to make Isle of Man TT races debut - by Hilary M - 16-03-2009, 02:22 PM