Can it be renovated in time ?
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: Can it be renovated in time ?
It would be great idea to have an independant person, such as a long standing spectator, to do a leisurely lap as a passenger in a car, observe carefully and submit a report to help the TT to find such problems before the TT comes.

Not everyone sees only the bikes going past and the racing, there are parts of the course, the clock, the scoreboards etc on which could be prepared a report so that the organisers who do have a lot on their plate on their own accord, (and even the best organisers can miss something), could read it and decide what they could do or have done to raise the already high standard of this annual event.

A few years back, I used to strap a large Panasonic video camera to my roof rack, do a lap then analyse the video back at my hotel almost frame by frame, for my own interest to see what had been done since the previous year. Line changes on corners, surface changes and gaps in hedges were evident and I used to show my video up at the Douglas Bay Hotel at the beginning of practice week and had some famous names of the time in the audience. High speed video laps have now taken over but sometimes a more sedate lap with a commentary and interjections by the audience was quite productive. Without getting off the point too much, is there a person who looks for the "less important" glitches such as we are discussing ??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
26-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Can it be renovated in time ? - by ian huntly - 24-04-2009, 04:55 PM
RE: Can it be renovated in time ? - by Bakeriom - 24-04-2009, 09:15 PM
RE: Can it be renovated in time ? - by pitlane07 - 25-04-2009, 09:39 AM
RE: Can it be renovated in time ? - by Bakeriom - 25-04-2009, 11:30 PM
RE: Can it be renovated in time ? - by ian huntly - 26-04-2009, 12:41 PM
RE: Can it be renovated in time ? - by samwise - 26-04-2009, 08:01 PM