Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races
BigDick Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races
Quote:The only way the Manx Government will be persuaded to spend more money helping the racers is if visitor numbers and therefore income increases.
Ok , then why not subsidise the ferry pricing. Not a whinge, read on. Then call me a whinger Wink
Just for S**TS and GIGGLES I went on the ferry booking page early to see how much for a bike and rider (return) in early May, about 78 quid. Then looked at booikings for TT about 178 quid. Other than having a captive audience, I see no difference in early May to late May.
I don't think it matters to most who shows up to ride around the course a couple of times and wave, what, as some have mentioned, is the need for punters, tourist money etc.
Even in spite of my earlier post, it's great that these people do come to the event. But if you want to attract more punters, first do something about the Ferry pricing. As far as advertising, Facebook is fantastic and it's free, so why are the politicians, businesses etc. not using it instead of countless money on adds and things of that nature.
Simply put, make the TT easier and more cost effective to get to, and I'm sure the punters will show up in droves!
Just my tuppence worth!
I'm the bloke you pass as you go down the back straight.
08-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races - by BigDick - 08-05-2009, 07:45 PM