The TT Comes To Blu-Ray
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
The TT Comes To Blu-Ray
The Official DVD review of the 2009 Isle of Man TT will be available on Blu-ray Disc for the very first time.

[Image: tt2009dvd.gif]

Tromode-based Duke, which introduced annual review videos in 1985, is proud to announce this significant product development, which will ensure TT fans experience the racing in a new way, with exceptional high-definition discs taking viewers even closer to the action.

Viewers of the Official 2009 TT Review will now be able to choose between standard DVD or high-definition for their home definition. While the TT is not currently scheduled to be broadcast in high definition, TV rights owners North One Television will be recording the racing in HD, and that high quality footage will now be available to enjoy courtesy of the Blu-ray Disc.

Blu-ray is the next generation of DVD entertainment, offering a quality of viewing not previously available in your home. Combining the awesome racing of the TT with the unrivalled viewing experience of Blu-ray will not only enhance the experience for enthusiasts, but bring the event to a whole new generation of fans, including the millions of Sony PlayStation 3 owners who can watch Blu-ray Discs.

The TT review has been at the heart of Duke’s business for almost quarter of a century, making it the only choice to be the company’s first Blu-ray title.

Duke Commercial Director Jon Quayle said:

‘Duke will be investing heavily in bringing the TT to the high definition format Blu-ray Disc for the very first time. As innovators of home video coverage of the TT – first bringing the event to VHS in 1985, DVD in 1998 and now HD Blu-ray in 2009 – Duke has constantly strived to provide fans of the TT with ever-improving reviews of the event.’

The Official 2009 TT Review will feature, as always, exceptional coverage of all the racing. At least three hours of race action is anticipated, plus plenty of DVD bonus features. Footage will be supplied by TT television partner North One, with commentary courtesy of former racers and well known television commentators Steve Parrish and Jamie Whitham.

Plus, the Official 2009 TT Review will be loaded with bonus features taking viewers behind the scenes of the event, and letting them meet the stars.

In addition to ensuring enhanced coverage for fans, Duke will, once again, be promoting the TT review DVD in the UK and around the world, taking the event – and the Isle of Man – to a global audience.

Mr Quayle added:

‘As in previous years, Duke will be ensuring the DVD – and the TT – is promoted heavily in the UK with a significant investment in marketing and publicity. In addition, Duke has re-signed distribution deals for the DVD in a number of countries, including Japan, Italy, Australia, South Africa and Germany. Negotiations are currently ongoing with Russia, the Czech Republic, Indonesia and many other nations following our latest attendance at the international media convention MIPTV in Cannes.’

‘Plus, once again, the TT review will be made available in the NTSC format for American fans, and distributed through Duke’s United States website – DukeVideoUSA.com – and our partner firms in the US.’

‘We always pull out all the marketing stops for our home event, and have always been very proud of the publicity and exposure our reviews, in whatever format, generate for the TT and the Isle of Man.’

‘The extensive international distribution maintained by Duke means that, as in previous years, publicity for the TT, and the Isle of Man, is truly worldwide.’

[Image: dukelogo.gif]

Duke Marketing Ltd.

Champion House
Douglas
Isle of Man
IM99 1DD
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Website Find Reply