Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-TT Classic - Runaway Richardson as Swallow’s Fly!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Pre-TT Classic - Runaway Richardson as Swallow’s Fly!
The opening race of the 2009 Blackford’s Pre-TT Classic Road Races matched the temperature of the day, as Roy Richardson scorched around the 4.25-mile Billown Course setting new race and lap records, whilst father and son Bill & Chris Swallow also flew around the Southside venue side by side for the entire six-lap race.

Richardson, riding Dick Linton’s FCL 350 Aermacchi got the hole-shot from the change of the lights and had pulled out a seven second advantage on the opening circuit, from the duelling Swallows, who were separated by only two-tenths of a second, with Mike Hose close behind in fourth. Quickest of the 250’s was Roger Birkenhead on the 250 Ducati, being chased hard by previous winner, Ted Fenwick – a young 81-year-old.

Richardson broke the lap record on his second circuit, as he increased his advantage to 13.5 seconds, with Chris passing his father for second spot.

A lap later and Bill was back in second place, the distance remaining the same.

Lap four and Mike Hose on his 350 Bultaco had passed both of the Swallows to move into second spot, but it was short lived as the Swallows resumed second and third positions once again.

Blackpool’s Roy Richardson took the chequered flag, after another record lap, setting a new race record in the process, with Bill Swallow second, three-tenths of a second ahead of son Chris.

Roger Birkenhead won the 250’s, with Ted Fenwick second and Richard Bool third.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
31-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Website Find Reply