What's wrong with riders now-a-days?
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
RE: What's wrong with riders now-a-days?
Hi Peter I still think that the tyre developement still gets through to the every day rider from the likes of MotoGP. Just look at multiple compounds, you can go to the local tyre dealer and get one off the shelf that has a different compound at the edge than in the middle of the tyre. I think the thing that will stop these developements is the single tyre manufacturer. This leads to non competition and less competative developement. I don't think that the tyre manufacturers will develope a special tyre for just the TT, they will just force the teams to use the tyres off the shelf. You may have special compounds taken from the slicks but that would be a very expensive tyre and out of reach for anyone apart from the top teams. A bit like the special fuels they used to use.

It makes me laugh when they talk about the rubber going down, think this is more psychological than anything else. They seem to forget that road sweepers are used on alot of the track after normal traffic and also the day to day traffic will also have a major affect on the road condition.

This is really good to hear from everyone am really enjoying it.

I have to agree with Peter and others though who say that the days of a wet race are no more. Its such a shame that we will be robbed of great moments like Joey's 250 win in terrible conditions. I guess this all started with Steve Hislop who was famous for not racing in the wet. There were of course others but Steve was the one that came to mind so sorry for highlighting the great man only on this.

I have always regarded rain as part of racing and a great test of skill and throttle control. Some have even made their names by wet weather riding. Can you name a few?
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2009, 09:49 PM by DCLUCIE.)
10-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
What's wrong with riders now-a-days? - by DCLUCIE - 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM
RE: What's wrong with riders now-a-days? - by MV - 10-06-2009, 07:37 PM
RE: What's wrong with riders now-a-days? - by DCLUCIE - 10-06-2009, 09:42 PM