What's wrong with riders now-a-days?
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
RE: What's wrong with riders now-a-days?
klaus klein's accident at dundrod wasn't in the wet shaun, it was an absolute monsoon. that meeting really should have been called off.
so, what do we do? do we look back through the records and see how many riders lost their lives racing in the dry? you'll find it's a hell of a big ratio. so what now? stop them racing in the dry because they overtry? restrict them to 90cc plags? put a throttle stop on at half throttle? send a bunch of mods round first on their hairdryers? smilie
whatever happened to 'it's the same for everybody', which used to be the lower position riders fave saying? as anybody who knows me will tell you, i have the utmost repect for ALL road racers, from the first man to the last. total, unconditional respect. i would also like the racing to be safe and fast. but what do you do? where do you draw the line? if it rains, call the racing off? what happens if it rains every day during race week at the tt? it could easily happen. so what do you do then? give everybody their travel money back to save for next year? take the start money back off the 'superstars'? the flag marshals [bless them all] are there with lack of adhesion flags. racers know what this flag means and know damned well you don't go through that section on dry tyres at full chat, you back off, the same as you're supposed to do when there's a yellow flag waved Pigfly
you can agree with me, you can disagree. personally i don't give a fig, these are my thoughts, opinions, ideas, call them what you want. and that, after all is what these forums are for? thanks for reading, and i'll now let you get back to your tea and scones Big Grin
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
11-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
What's wrong with riders now-a-days? - by DCLUCIE - 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM
RE: What's wrong with riders now-a-days? - by MV - 10-06-2009, 07:37 PM
RE: What's wrong with riders now-a-days? - by ade! - 11-06-2009, 09:40 PM