Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidecar Race 2 Incident
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sidecar Race 2 Incident
Early on lap 1 Nicky Crowe and Marck Cox had an incident out at Ballacob (just before Ballaugh) where their sidecar outfit burst into flames. How this happened is unknow at present.

The result of this is, that both Nicky and Mark have been air lifted to Nobles.

We wish the boys all the best and sincerely hope that this is no more than a precautionary measure.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
10-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Website Find
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

RE: Sidecar Race 2 Incident
19:40 - The latest news is that they are both conscious and talking.

No more postings will be made or allowed out of respect for the families wishes.

Only information directly received from the families, or official releases by the Press Office, will be made/permitted on the site.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2009, 10:03 AM by Malcolm.)
10-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Website Find
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

STATEMENT ISSUED ON BEHALF OF THE ISLE OF MAN GOVERNMENT’S DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM AND LEISURE AND ACUE LTD - 23:00 hrs Wednesday.

Following an incident at Ballacob, near Ballaugh, in the sidecar race at the Isle of Man TT races this evening the race was abandoned. The competitors involved, driver Nicky Crowe, 38, from Jurby, Isle of Man and passenger Mark Cox, 39 from Rochester, Kent have both been airlifted to Nobles hospital with significant injuries. Both are still being evaluated in hospital.

The sidecar race, and Senior practice which was scheduled to follow the race, have both been cancelled, and will not be rescheduled. The racing calendar for Friday remains as advertised.

A further update on their condition may be made in the morning.
11-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Website Find
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Official update on sidecar duo Crowe and Cox

Nick Crowe, the driver involved in the incident at Ballacob during last night’s (Wednesday) Isle of Man TT sidecar race is described as being in a stable condition at Noble's Hospital with serious fractures.

Passenger Mark Cox is described as comfortable and will be going to theatre for further treatment on serious fractures.

Dan Kneen, Gary Carswell and Yoshinari Matsushita are all described as comfortable following incidents earlier in the week.

A further update may be provided tomorrow morning (June 12)
11-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Website Find