Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy to challenge Manx Radio for TT coverage
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Energy to challenge Manx Radio for TT coverage
The new man in charge of Energy FM has declared the station will make a bid to take over radio coverage of the TT.

Chief Executive Andy Wint says free internet coverage will be a key factor in the bid - at present fans have to pay £10 for the web service.

Manx Radio's contract for the commentary service, which is broadcast on AM only, expires this year.

Energy says it would broadcast on FM to Isle of Man listeners and mount a fourth commentary point.

Mr Wint, a former programme chief at Manx Radio, has declined to comment on the plans at this stage.

Manx Radio's Managing Director Anthony Pugh isn't surprised another broadcaster wants to cover the event, but says it's a major undertaking:

Courtesy of Manx Radio

You can listen to Energy FM TT Race coverage by going to their site. - Click HERE.

[Image: tt_header.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Website Find Reply
mudshark Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Energy to challenge Manx Radio for TT coverage
thanks, Malcolm! smilie
if this also means that island residents won't be extorted to provide coverage at a premium to everyone else around the world, it will indeed be good news.
11-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Website Find Reply