Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honda riders occupy top 4 places in Joey Dunlop TT Championship Trophy
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda riders occupy top 4 places in Joey Dunlop TT Championship Trophy
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

Padgetts Racing Honda rider Ian Hutchinson has built a commanding lead in the inaugural TT championship points table. Hutchinson, who has topped the table since the first Relentless Supersport, has 74 points and is guaranteed the outright 2009 solo title if he finishes in the top six in the Pokerstars Senior TT.

With only one race to go, only Steve Plater (59 points), Guy Martin (56 points) and John McGuinness (54 points) can overhaul the Yorkshireman and claim the Joey Dunlop TT Championship trophy and they will be relying on him not finishing the Pokerstars Senior TT on Friday 12th June. If McGuinness wins, Hutchinson can still finish 13th and claim the title by virtue of countback.

Of the rest of the riders only veteran Ian Lougher and Gary Johnson have completed all four races in the top 15 and are fifth and eighth respectively in the overall table. A total of eight different riders have featured on the podium in the four races to date, despite the fact that the Relentless Supersport 1 and Royal London 360 Superstock races finished with an identical first three.

The leaderboard features a total of 28 riders on the overall table who have finished at in the top fifteen in at least one race, testament to the depth of field in the 2009 TT races.

Adrian Archibald leads the chase for the Martin Finnegan Trophy, a solid bronze replica of the Irishman’s Arai RX7 helmet. The trophy, awarded to the Irishman who records the fastest lap during race week, has been donated by the Martin Finnegan Supporters Club as a tribute to the legendary Irish racer and will be eagerly contested between Ryan Farquhar and Adrian Archibald. It will be awarded together with a prize fund of €1000 Euros and a brand new Arai helmet.

Archibald’s final lap in the Dainese Superbike race, when he recorded a speed of 128.883mph tops Ryan Farquhar’s lap of 127.651mph, which he recorded on the first lap of the Royal London 360 Superstock. Michael Dunlop, the third fastest Irishman with a speed of 125.077mph set during the second Relentless Supersport 2 race, will be out in the Senior on his R1 Yamaha as the Norton has not qualified for the Senior and has an outside chance of toppling Archibald although he will need to improve his personal best lap of the Mountain Course by some considerable distance if he is to do so.

With the Sure sidecar race 2 cancelled following the incident at Ballacobb in Wednesday’s race, Dave Molyneux/Dan Sayle have taken the overall title and £5000 prize by virtue of their victory in the first Sure Sidecar race.

[Image: pointstable.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2009, 11:01 AM by Malcolm.)
12-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Website Find Reply