2010 Zero Carbon Motorcycle Road Race Championship Announced
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
2010 Zero Carbon Motorcycle Road Race Championship Announced
[Image: acu.gif]

[Image: ttxgp.gif]

TTXGP, the force behind the inaugural zero emission motorcycle race at this year’s Isle of Man TT races, has joined forces with Auto Cycle Union Events (ACUE), the commercial arm of the Auto-Cycle Union, to run the world’s first national zero emission road race championship.

The new four-round UK Series, The TTXGP UK Championship 2010, will showcase cutting edge zero carbon technology in racing motorcycles, harnessing many of the innovations that were first shown to the world during this year’s Isle of Man TTXGP race.

Regulations and management of the Series will be handled by the newly formed Zero Carbon Racing Commission, comprising representatives from both TTXGP and ACUE.

Jim Parker, ACUE Chairman sees the new UK Series as ground breaking and exciting, “Everyone was stunned by what the electric motorcycles achieved at this year’s Isle of Man TT, and it was this success that has encouraged everyone to expand their horizons to take zero carbon racing technology into this new and exciting arena”.

Science and Innovation Minister Lord Drayson said: "We need to accelerate new technologies that deliver performance with sustainability, and make people take notice. Electric drive racing motorbikes that produce zero carbon emissions and reach 106 mph make going green cool and exciting. TTXGP has given us a glimpse of the future; its fast and its green.

Azhar Hussain, TTXGP founder said, “We are incredibly pleased to partner with the ACU in helping to keep the United Kingdom at the leading edge of performance engineering. The UK championship is an outstanding platform for rapid development and deployment of zero carbon/zero emission technologies. We hope it will act as a catalyst in expanding the sport to new players and fans. With such a rich heritage of motorcycling, it is only right that the UK is leading the world again as we step into the next generation of motorsports.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2009, 02:49 PM by Malcolm.)
06-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Website Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
RE: 2010 Zero Carbon Motorcycle Road Race Championship Announced
The FIM have just announced that they ill be running a ten round world championship from 2010, will the TT benifit from this or will it miss out.
07-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Find Reply