Unregistered

Guy Martin S100 Champion
Well done to Guy,

What a cracking race,
It was a case of pick a winner from 4 riders,,
Shame that sombody had to finish of the podium,

Ive never heard Maurice Mawdsley so god smacked, as to what was going on,

Hope the footage is a good as what it sounded,
Which i think it will be based on the amount of cameras that Greenlight have around the course,

Oh boy,
The Southern 100 dinner is going to be fun in February,
Book your tickets early,
Just to listen to Guy on full pipe,,, It could be a long speech ,,
But worth the price of the ticket,

Quote of the day,,
" we have paid our entry fees, so why not use all of the road !! "

Well Done to Conor as well for being the fastest rider around the S100 course ever !!

Cracking days racing,
As is the normal for the S100,
16-07-2009, 04:13 PM
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
RE: Guy Martin S100 Champion
(16-07-2009, 04:13 PM)Pipeman Wrote: Well done to Guy,

What a cracking race,
It was a case of pick a winner from 4 riders,,
Shame that sombody had to finish of the podium,

Ive never heard Maurice Mawdsley so god smacked, as to what was going on,

Hope the footage is a good as what it sounded,
Which i think it will be based on the amount of cameras that Greenlight have around the course,

Oh boy,
The Southern 100 dinner is going to be fun in February,
Book your tickets early,
Just to listen to Guy on full pipe,,, It could be a long speech ,,
But worth the price of the ticket,

Quote of the day,,
" we have paid our entry fees, so why not use all of the road !! "

Well Done to Conor as well for being the fastest rider around the S100 course ever !!

Cracking days racing,
As is the normal for the S100,

pity it wasnt on 1368 as is usual we had to listen to a load of cronies come on Manx Radio get your act togetherMad1
Roll on Kells 2010
16-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
I think Manx Radio have a contract to broadcast the Tynwald sittings so if they clash they have to go with the contract first. Couldn't agree more with the comments about the races today. All but a few were very close and totally entertaining. Doing the timekeeping it was funny to watch the Chief run down to be judge of fact for so many races. Kept Kev fit and he rekons he's lost weight because of it lol.

The Lap record in the Championship was broken at least 4 or 5 times and in one lap it was broken twice. Maybe someone could check to see if a new record has been set today for the shortest ever gap between setting a lap record and having it broken. It must have been .04 of a second between them

Great racing great people great atmosphere great weather. You can not ask for more.

Well done to all the organisers for yet another cracking meeting.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 16-07-2009, 07:15 PM by DCLUCIE.)
16-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Due to work commitements i missed this morning races, but caught up with the afternoons racing.

Congratulations to Guy especially, forget the tea ! reckon there will be more than a few shandies drunk tonight.

Fantastic race actually felt like we were there, great commentary hardly time to draw breath with all the excitement.

After the tragic start to the week it was a fitting end to everyone involved with the Southern 100 club.
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
16-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
What great news. About time some good luck for Guy.
16-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Find Reply
ali Offline

Threads: 5
(16-07-2009, 11:06 PM)Jan Grainger Wrote: What great news. About time some good luck for Guy.

All week I have worked me dogs nadgers off in S100 kitchen. Not seen any racing but today I thought I have to nip out for a quick break. The S100 championship race was absolutely awesome, saw the mass start from the front view and all 4 of us on the road all held our breath's with fingers crossed. That was it, no way could I return to the kitchen them 9 laps had me in suspence it was so close the race could have gone in any direction.
Never mind the top 3, there should have been a 4th place maybe.
Them top 4 boys had a really close race.
17-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Find Reply