Isle of Man TT arrivals down - but visitors up
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Isle of Man TT arrivals down - but visitors up
ARRIVALS by land and sea during this year's TT period were at their lowest level in six years it has been revealed.

The total number arriving in the Isle of Man during the TT 2009 fortnight was 50,079, with 30,131 travelling by sea and 19,948 by air.

This total is more than 2,000 fewer than last year's 52,230. In 2004 total arrivals were 54,273, with 54,898 the following year and 52,925 in 2006.

There was a big jump in arrivals for centenary year — 2007 — with 71,854.

These figures are for arrivals and not just TT visitors.

Read the complete story on the IoMonline website ~ HERE
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Website Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
RE: Isle of Man TT arrivals down - but visitors up
Wow..! I am surprized the turnout was that good..! The world economy is terrible and even those with jobs are too afraid to spend money... Keep in mind people come from all over... the TT (and MGP) races are just "Special" (IMNSHO)..

Now how to get more people over.... I would suggest making the travel cost more affordable... For years now I hear complaints of the S.P. costs.. ahem.. and air travel from the states is almost triple in the summer Vs the rest of the year.

Now that said, seems like businesses in general take advantage of a big attraction, we have the same thing happen here in the states when Moto GP shows up.

Also, getting motorcycle brand clubs involved... at last year's MGP the BSA owner's club showed up for the first time... brought about 600 bikes and more people... even with the bad weather, the folks I talked to said they would be back..!

Cheers..!!

Ron
23-07-2009, 05:20 AM
Find Reply