Wednesday Night Practice + Report + Fastest Times
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Wednesday Night Practice + Report + Fastest Times
The weather projection for tonights practice is not exactly brilliant.

Ambient Air - 15 deg C
Humidity - 85%
Wind - WSW to W of 24/27 km/hr
60% chance of rain
45% to 85% Cloud Cover

Bungalow Webcam Link
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2009, 11:04 PM by Malcolm.)
26-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

RE: Wednesday Night Practice
As Reported on Manx Radio

This evening's MGP practice session IS going ahead as scheduled.

There's been concern throughout the day that it might have been necessary to cancel the session after torrential this morning led to large amounts of standing water and flooding on many roads and across sections of the mountain course.

However after inspections of the track Clerk of the Course Phil Taubmann has confirmed that this evening's practice can go ahead . . . . with roads closing as usual at 6pm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
26-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

18:30 Announcement

It has just been announced on Manx Radio that tonights practice will be restricted to 1 Untimed Lap for each class, due to poor visibility on the mountain.

There is also a ten minute delay in getting the bikes away.

26-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Wednesday Night Practice Report

[Image: mmcc1.gif]

One Lap Session !

Despite the heavy rain and mist that covered parts of the Isle of Man during the day, the clearer weather promised by the Met Office at Ronaldsway arrived and conditions improved sufficiently to allow the fourth practice session of the 2009 Manx Grand Prix to go ahead as planned with road closing around the Snaefell Mountain Course at 1800hrs.

Pit Lane was somewhat quieter than previous evenings as the scheduled off for the Senior, Junior, Lightweight and Newcomers A approached, 1820.

At 1830, the Clerk of the Course informed competitors that there would be one untimed lap for each class due to the deteriorating conditions on the Mountain Section.

It was then announced that the mist had increased on the Mountain and there would be a short delay before those it Pit Lane were despatched.

Phil McGurk & Stephen McIlvenna finally got away at 1925, followed by the remainder of the hardy souls who had waited patently in Pit Lane. Ken Davies got the second session away at 1935.

First to receive the chequered flag was Stephen McIlvenna bringing the session to a close, but not before some riders passed down Pit Lane to test out the Speed Limit. Nigel Moore was the first rider to try out the new procedure. As competitors completed their single lap the blue skies appeared and a wonderful sunset was setting over Peel City!

Despite the poor conditions 157 machines passed through Technical Inspection:

Senior Classic 13
Junior Classic 37
Senior 6
Junior 38
Lightweight & Ultra Lightweight 34
Newcomers 22
Post Classic 7

No incidents were reported this evening.

Fastest Times So Far
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2009, 10:32 AM by Malcolm.)
26-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Website Find Reply