Tuesday Race Day + Report + Results + Incident Report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tuesday Race Day + Report + Results + Incident Report
[Image: mmcc1.gif]

As the racing that was programmed for Monday was subsequently cancelled due to inclement weather, said races are now programmed to run on Tuesday 1st September.

Newcomers, Post Classic and Junior / Lightweight Classic will be run with the roads closing at 11.30am (hopefully).

The weather forecast projection is:

Chance of Rain with Scattered Clouds. Ambient Temperature of 16 °C . Wind SSW of 50 km/h. Chance of precipitation 60% smilie smilie smilie

And it doesn't look much better for the rest of the week either. Icon_frown Icon_frown Icon_frown
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2009, 08:31 PM by Malcolm.)
31-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Website Find Reply
Kev Brown Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Monday >>>>> Tuesday Race Day
Just looked on webcams and it's looking so much better than the last 3/4 days.

Fingers crossed for racing to go ahead todayIcon_cool
01-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Due to circumstances beyond the clubs control, this afternoon's race will be postponed until 18.30 this evening.

Roads are now being opened and will close again at 18.00

Junior Lightweight Classic will be run over 3 Laps
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Tuesday (Monday) Race Results

Special Awards

Incident Report

There were a number of incidents during today's combined Newcomers and Post Classic Races.

Roy Richardson, Leo Fitzgerald and Chris Moore were all Air Med to Nobles after separate incidents. Roy was off at Glen Tramman and is in ward one, under observation for the night. Leo Fitzgerald has arm injuries and Chris Moore has a broken collar bone and has been treated and discharged.

Michael Ellis was off at Windy, whilst Roger Hurst came off at the Gooseneck. Both are OK, as were Darren Hughes (Sulby Bridge), Phil McGurk and Peter Hindley (Gooseneck).
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2009, 07:08 PM by Malcolm.)
01-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

RE: Tuesday Race Day + Results + Incident Report

Weather brings New Road Closing into Operation

The six races delayed from Monday due to the atrocious weather conditions finally got underway on Tuesday afternoon, with a total of four races being run concurrently under the banner of the Newcomers’ Race with classes A & B, along side the new event for 2009, Post Classics, again with two classes two-stroke and fourstroke.

With the forecast far from being encouraging with the possibility of showers all around the course around from around midday, the race had been cut from four to three laps.

The race got underway at the scheduled time of 1215 with Derek Shiels and Benny Smith setting off in the Newcomers A race.

However from the first timing point, Glen Helen it was Sean Murphy on the Martin Bullock 600 Honda that was in the lead on time by 5 seconds; by Ramsey it was 10 seconds and this set the pattern for the three lap race, with the Douglas man coming home over two minutes ahead of first man away Dubliner Derek Shiels, who in turn was just under two minutes in front of third placeman David Mulligan from Portadown.

There were 19 finishes of which nine received replicas.

In Newcomers B Stockport’s Adrian Kershaw took the victory from Andy Lawson (Arbroath) and Skerries Andrew Farrell. The winning margin this time, 57 seconds. Twelve completed the course and eight reps were awarded.

The hotly anticipated dice between Ryan Farquhar and Guy Martin on the 997 Suzuki’s failed to materialise, due to the poor weather conditions, with Ryan leading from flag to flag, taking a three and a half minute advantage at the conclusion of the three laps, over the Lincolnshireman.

Dave Madsen-Mygdal took the final podium place on his 750 Triumph.

Only six finished and the podium placing collected replicas.

In the two-stroke division, Brian Mateer took a start to finish victory from Scot Ewan Hamilton by four minutes with Paul Coward third 44 seconds adrift. Nine finished and once again the first three collected replicas.

The Junior & Lightweight Classic was scheduled for a 1445 start, and then delayed shortly before the first pair were due away, due to threatened heavy rain.

The race was postponed until 1830hrs and the road open cars sent on its way.

The roads will close again at 1800hrs for a three lap race.
01-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Website Find Reply