unfair qualifying
nedflanders Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 3
unfair qualifying
Dont you think these riders have had enough to put up with this week without now not being allowed to race due to not qualifying through no fault of their own. Come on its not the riders fault that the weather has turned out so bad so as to make some of the practice sessions untimed, and so therefore not classed as counting towards their qualifying laps. This is unfair!! this MGP is going from bad to worse!!
01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Find Reply
norstar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: unfair qualifying
I agree with what you are saying but I think I must be about the only one this has effected after a meeting took place on Monday, which I knew nothing about, after which the CofC changed his mind and re-instated a number of riders who were close on time.
I had completed 8 laps in practice, not all trouble free, and was 11.5 seconds out on Saturday, after being told; not to worry about time, just get your laps in, by the CofC before going out for final practice on Saturday. The MMCC official tried to phone me to let me know but for some very strange reason chose to call my mainland mobile and not my local mobile nor my pit crew or the person I was staying with, not to try my home number and contact my partner, which they have her mobile number. All seems a bit strange to me and I am thinking they don't want people like me, only the NAMES.
(01-09-2009, 09:12 PM)nedflanders Wrote: Dont you think these riders have had enough to put up with this week without now not being allowed to race due to not qualifying through no fault of their own. Come on its not the riders fault that the weather has turned out so bad so as to make some of the practice sessions untimed, and so therefore not classed as counting towards their qualifying laps. This is unfair!! this MGP is going from bad to worse!!
03-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Find Reply
h4tch Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Whilst I sympathise with those who failed to qualify, I must confess to being a little confused, if failing to qualify isn't the rider's fault, then whose fault is it?
03-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Find Reply
Rich Offline

Threads: 4
A friend of mine had a few bike problems on his 600 early in practice week. Once he sorted it he never got a dry lap in. Now he's competed for 5 years at the Manx, always qualified every bike he's had (winning 3 reps), and even raced the same bike last year well above the qualifying time. Yet he was refused a start in the Junior? Whats the sense in that?
03-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Find Reply