A message of thanks
hayley Offline

Threads: 19
A message of thanks
Hi all,

Well we have just about got ourself's together again after the last 2 weeks and we just wanted to come and put a message of thanks to every-one who has helped us over the last 2 weeks as the sponsor of the bike did not want us to put our own sponsors names on the bike.

Andy and Jenny @ A&J Racing

Nick and Danny Crowe for lending us our home for the fortnight.

Crossan Motorcycles

Mum and Eddie

Hayley's mum Evelyn for looking after Jake

Manx Gas

The Gym (in Ramsey)

The Pit Boys who did a fantastic job, Rob, Kev and Joe

Pit boards: Tom Parish, Simon Brown, Tony Sayle, Martin Bullock and anybody else who decided to do 1 for me on the day.

Pam Brown & Moffy (you know what for)

Ian Whitlow & Co for the laughs and the company

Vinylmarksigns.co.uk

Shaun for being on the other end of the phone any time of the day or night when I needed him

The nice classic rider who saved my ass big time about 45 mins befor the race was due to start by selling me his left over fuel as the fuel pump behind the grandstand broke on the morning of the race and I forgot to get my fuel the day befor, with out this I would not have been in the race to start with!!!

And last but no means least a massive thank you to all the marshall's, you do a fantastic job for us boys and girls.

(I hope I haven't missed any-one out, sorry if I have)

With out all these people in their own way I would not have been able to win my 2nd Manx Grand Prix this year, thank you all once again.

Dan Sayle
06-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
RE: A message of thanks
nice to see that someone can take the time to say THANKS, I have always said before, this is the biggest downfall with riders, they can take all the sponsorship, but forget to say THANKS
Well said Dan, and congratulations on ya victory
Baylon

[Image: c068.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2009, 10:46 PM by Baylon McCaughey.)
07-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Yes I second your comments Baylon.

So sad that so many riders forget this. It makes a big, big difference to a Sponsor when he receives this kind of appreciation, (privately or publicly), and even more so when he gets the personal letter with the odd photograph at the end of the season.

It goes a long, long way in a Sponsor making up his mind as to where his support will go the following year.

Good on yer Dan, knew you could do it and know that you can go on from this also.

Go gettem fella.

Malcolm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
07-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Excellent post Dan, and good to see so many names mentioned.
Am sure its very much appreciated by all involved.
Congratulations it was a great race to listen too, and a well deserved win :-)
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
07-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
Good advice re sponsors. One of our most respected speedway riders tells the young lads......Always acknowledge your sponsor. Always phone them after the event with thanks, even if you came last. Keep them posted and involved. They will appreciate it always.
08-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
How very true,last year a gang of us from the Sulby Glen Hotel did a sponsored skydive to raise money for the rescue helicopter.Shortly after the event I wrote to every one of my sponsors letting them know how it went and how much we raised.

When meeting these people over the following weeks the response was quite amazing,they were delighted to know the results of the effort,and to find out how their contribution helped.

Communication is a big word with big results !
08-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Find Reply