Classic bikes
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Classic bikes
(03-10-2009, 12:49 AM)Bill Snelling Wrote:
(02-10-2009, 11:40 PM)chris Wrote: IAs the TT started at St Johns maybe that is where the museum should be, or how about at .................?
Why not compulsory purchase the B&Q building, build a full mezzanine floor, what a super site, good parking facilities, no houses around so if you wanted to run up an unsilenced bike - perfect!
I know plenty of people who would be happy to see their machines exhibited for a year or so, then change the exhibits to keep the thing fresh. I still say that MNH are the only organisation with the expertise to run a full-size museum, this in no way a denegration of Tony East's excellent private museum in Kirkmichael.

I like your thinking Bill, however Mr B&Q might not be impressed. There must be ten's of thousands of people throughout the world who would contribute to a permanent TT/MGP museum. Also the motor cycle manufacturers who have benefited hugely from participation and success at the TT I am sure would donate generously. Perhaps a building that has conference facilitys, cafe's, restuurant's and shops would help to finance it. Have the MNH ever been approached regarding
a permanent suitable site for a museum if so what was their answer ?. Their must be loads of TT/MGP friendly MHK's who could help with their clout and/or expertise and give advice. Chriss suggests that a suitable place for a museum would be St Johns where it all began nearly 103 years ago. Perhaps people think that the only suitable place would be in the vicinity of the grandstand, perhaps in Nobles park above the pavilion. Do you have sufficient room on your land in Kirkmichael Tony?. If enough of us think that a permanent museum should happen than perhaps we should try to make it happen, there must be people reading this who have the knowledge of how to go about it. Let's get thinking and get things moving !!, It would be good that when we turn up for the centenary of the mountain circuit in a couple of years time a start has been made on a permanent TT/MGP museum.
05-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Classic bikes - by pat slinn - 30-09-2009, 08:14 PM
RE: Classic bikes - by Bill Snelling - 01-10-2009, 03:10 AM
RE: Classic bikes - by Gstarron - 01-10-2009, 12:24 PM
RE: Classic bikes at the TT - by ian huntly - 02-10-2009, 07:22 PM
RE: Classic bikes - by chris - 02-10-2009, 11:40 PM
RE: Classic bikes - by Bill Snelling - 03-10-2009, 12:49 AM
RE: Classic bikes - by pat slinn - 05-10-2009, 08:45 PM
RE: Classic bikes - by ali - 06-10-2009, 09:18 AM
RE: Classic bikes - by Chris Maybury - 06-10-2009, 03:32 PM