URGENT HELP
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
URGENT HELP
as blackadder once said 'once again fate vomits on my eiderdown'.
http://www.ilkestonadvertiser.co.uk/news...5710893.jp
i lost my phone and obviously all my contacts, so if you need me send me a pm and i'll try and get back to you asap.
cheers, ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
08-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
RE: URGENT HELP
(08-10-2009, 09:43 PM)ade! Wrote: as blackadder once said 'once again fate vomits on my eiderdown'.
http://www.ilkestonadvertiser.co.uk/news...5710893.jp
i lost my phone and obviously all my contacts, so if you need me send me a pm and i'll try and get back to you asap.
cheers, ade!

Wow mate, you do know how to rock on! Hope all the drama of this, is not totally mucking you around more with your life
I can fix anything!
09-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

Wow mate, you do know how to rock on! Hope all the drama of this, is not totally mucking you around more with your life
[/quote]

hi shaun. nah mate, me head was like a shed anyway. amazing when something like this happens, you find out who really gives a spit and who don't. the story in the derby telegraph was better and our joey even got his piccy in there. i tell you what though, it's no fun jumpin out a top floor window with just a t-shirt and socks on. not a pretty sight either at my age. there were 2 things on the ground i could have landed on. 1 was my spare kettle frame with a waterproof cover on it. the other was a big bag of sawdust. i landed ar*e first on the frame, bounced off that and headbutted the floor. in the time it took me to walk to the bottom of our front steps, our bedroom went bang and blew all the windows out.
ironic things are, our babe's terrapins in his bedroom all survived, even though the glass tank cracked and the wooden cover and lamp burned to nothing. the only place in the house untouched by fire was THE ONE WITH PETROL IN IT, our back room downstairs - where me gt 750 lives Icon_mrgreen we all ok anyway, the dogs are ok, the house like me - gutted.
cheers flower, ade!
PS, MR HENLEY WHERE ARE YOU?
09-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

(09-10-2009, 08:14 PM)ade! Wrote: Wow mate, you do know how to rock on! Hope all the drama of this, is not totally mucking you around more with your life

hi shaun. nah mate, me head was like a shed anyway. amazing when something like this happens, you find out who really gives a spit and who don't. the story in the derby telegraph was better and our joey even got his piccy in there. i tell you what though, it's no fun jumpin out a top floor window with just a t-shirt and socks on. not a pretty sight either at my age. there were 2 things on the ground i could have landed on. 1 was my spare kettle frame with a waterproof cover on it. the other was a big bag of sawdust. i landed ar*e first on the frame, bounced off that and headbutted the floor. in the time it took me to walk to the bottom of our front steps, our bedroom went bang and blew all the windows out.
ironic things are, our babe's terrapins in his bedroom all survived, even though the glass tank cracked and the wooden cover and lamp burned to nothing. the only place in the house untouched by fire was THE ONE WITH PETROL IN IT, our back room downstairs - where me gt 750 lives Icon_mrgreen we all ok anyway, the dogs are ok, the house like me - gutted.
cheers flower, ade!
PS, MR HENLEY WHERE ARE YOU?
[/quote]

You are a hard man Ade, we will have to have a drink together some time next year mate
I can fix anything!
09-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Geeze Ade, that's some escapade you got yourself into ??

Glad to hear that you are ok though.

I hope that the family are all ok and that you all start to get your lives back together again, as soon as possible.

Malcolm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
09-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

cheers malcolm [and shaun], we're allowed back in the house today to see what we can salvage - not much. the things that hurt me are things like my darran lindsay race shirt, all my racing t-shirts from 84 onwards, my autographs and autographed shirts. every one just irreplaceable. we'll get there with the rest of it eventually. the insurance ball is rolling, so hopefully that will be sorted pretty quickly.
i'd just like to say a big, big thank you to the emergency services, the red cross for the emergency clothes and toiletries pack, and all our family and close [and not so close] friends that have gone out of their way to help us. without them we'd be lost. love you all.
ade!
10-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

(10-10-2009, 11:11 AM)ade! Wrote: cheers malcolm [and shaun], we're allowed back in the house today to see what we can salvage - not much. the things that hurt me are things like my darran lindsay race shirt, all my racing t-shirts from 84 onwards, my autographs and autographed shirts. every one just irreplaceable. we'll get there with the rest of it eventually. the insurance ball is rolling, so hopefully that will be sorted pretty quickly.
i'd just like to say a big, big thank you to the emergency services, the red cross for the emergency clothes and toiletries pack, and all our family and close [and not so close] friends that have gone out of their way to help us. without them we'd be lost. love you all.
ade!

PM me your new cell number when you get one mate, I will ring ya and talk some excrement
I can fix anything!
10-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

sounds good bud, sounds good. catch ya soon.
ade!
11-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
(11-10-2009, 08:37 AM)ade! Wrote: sounds good bud, sounds good. catch ya soon.
ade!

Hi Ade,

I have only just caught up with your postings, Wow mate you are such a "brave" & gutsey guy Thank goodness that you and your family were safe.
Blessings,

Pat ( Race Mission)
11-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

hi pat, many thanks for that. apart from a bit of smoke inhalation and a 16 inch bruise from me bum down me leg, feel fine. all the others unscathed TG.
are you by any chance the same bloke that says on a tt video interview something about 'tony will come in moaning about this, that and the other on the bike'? then he comes in and moans about the suzuki having 'very poor carburation'? tony being mr ruttter snr of course.
cheers, ade!
ps, i have been known to be wrong :-)
11-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
(11-10-2009, 06:25 PM)ade! Wrote: hi pat, many thanks for that. apart from a bit of smoke inhalation and a 16 inch bruise from me bum down me leg, feel fine. all the others unscathed TG.
are you by any chance the same bloke that says on a tt video interview something about 'tony will come in moaning about this, that and the other on the bike'? then he comes in and moans about the suzuki having 'very poor carburation'? tony being mr ruttter snr of course.
cheers, ade!
ps, i have been known to be wrong :-)

Yes I am !, then Tony Rutter went out and won the F2 on our Ducati at race at record speed, and hustled the works Suzuki's & Honda's on our "private" GSXR 750. One of Tony's more flippent remarks was to state that a double decker bus passed him in Kirk Michael !
11-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
My God, I've only just seen this. Really sorry to hear about this Ade, you don't have much luck do you? Just glad you are relatively OK even if the house isn't. The only bit of slightly good news seems to be that you are now living in a pub - I hope all the drinks are on the house (or at least on the insurers) throughout your stay! All the best from Gail and me.
11-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

thanks david. i got in the house yesterday and managed to find the charred remains of my mobile. amazingly the simcard still works, although it's like me; a bit wrinkled. unfortunately my contacts must have been on the phone, not the sim, so, even though i've got my old number back i've lost a lot of contacts.
cheers, ade!
11-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7
Ade, sorry to hear that you lost so much, but the insurance will cover and replace so many items, but treasure those precious memories of #55 Darran [with an A]. begger, the loss includes the Killalane shirt I sent ya??
Big hug to Debs n' Josh. Well happy to hear besides the bruises that your still posting to us.
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
11-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

hi nod, yes the killalane shirt went. i had a skerries t-shirt on when i nose dived and this years kells one was out on the line. everything else is gone. all the aberdare ones from 85 onwards, the nw200 one signed by richard britton, darran and the japanese lad that died at the tt. how do you replace those? hope you've got ya scarborough t-shirt by now.
cheers, ade!
12-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Oh Ade, what an awful thing to happen.....

I hope you are OK now and having a lot of co-operation from your insurance company.

Best wishes.

TTFAN
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
13-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

thanks ian, the good news today is that i found my autograph book. this was in the top drawer of my filing cabinet and while all around is charred, it's just the spine of the book that's damaged. how do you replace autographs from steve henshaw, mez mellor, smutty robinson, mark farmer, bazza sheene, joey dunlop and many more that have been taken from us? so that's been put in the pub safe and hopefully it will stay safe.
cheers, ade.
13-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
(13-10-2009, 07:41 PM)ade! Wrote: thanks ian, the good news today is that i found my autograph book. this was in the top drawer of my filing cabinet and while all around is charred, it's just the spine of the book that's damaged. how do you replace autographs from steve henshaw, mez mellor, smutty robinson, mark farmer, bazza sheene, joey dunlop and many more that have been taken from us? so that's been put in the pub safe and hopefully it will stay safe.
cheers, ade.

Whew good news Ade, from what must have been such an upsetting experience. Glad you and your family are all safe and remember nobody can take away your memories.
Got your number still in my mobile, hopefully you will manage to get the same mobile number in your new phone.
love n best wishes,
Stella x
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
13-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Find Reply