Macau Grand Prix news
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Macau Grand Prix news
Words as posted on realroadracing.com by Phil Wain

Details of the Macau GP entry can be now found at:

http://www.macau.grandprix.gov.mo/gp/56 ... 07&lang=en

No real surprises with Simon Andrews, James Hillier and Mark Buckley the only British newcomers - will be particularly interesting to see how BSB star Andrews fares on his road racing debut - could it lead in to a TT debut?

Conor Cummins gets a great chance on Paul Bird's works Kawasaki, alongside form man Ian Hutchinson whilst John McGuinness joins Stuart Easton at Hydrex Honda.
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
14-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Macau Grand Prix news
Thought about visiting this GP one day but it was suggested that one should stay in Hong Kong and catch the ferry over. Think I would prefer to save my money and keep returning to the Isle of Man. From the footage I have seen in the past it looks a bit 'hectic'.
15-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
we worked it out at £2,600 each just to get there, 3 different flights, one to dubai, one to bangkok and one to macau. 23 hours, 35 minutes in the air, plus about 12 hours waiting time between flights. don't think i'll bother. drive 12 miles to donnington, half hour wait, 50 minute flight to dublin, 10 minute drive and you're in skerries. sod macau.
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
15-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Think its like a lot of these trips, if your going and connected to a team it can be a really good experience.

The place still scares me to be totally honest but i know a good few people that have gon and had a great time, n no i won`t divulge any of the many and varied tales of Macau that i have been told over the years !
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
15-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
(15-10-2009, 05:56 PM)Stella Wrote: no i won`t divulge any of the many and varied tales of Macau that i have been told over the years !

The best one of the lot, Stella, involved a Honda Dealer in the North-West and a BBC commentator, both travelling by taxi in Bangkok.

Loooooong time ago . . . . . . . . . .

And no I wouldn't dare tell it until they're both dead!!

Angel
15-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

One of the best i ever heard was regarding a certain ex scottish racer now a sponsor oh i still sore laughing at the tales.....

Prob said enough already Lol
15-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Find Reply