Pratice week TT10
Bobo Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Pratice week TT10
We are 3 buddies from Denmark, who will visit the TT10. We will arrive late Sunday 30th May and leave early Friday 4th June. As you see it's the practice week as we thought it's better to see practice 4 evenings in stead of just 2 race-days. However, I wonder - how is "the action" in practice week compared to race week - maybe a stupid decision we have made? Any experienced guys out there to assist in this question?

Best regards
Bobo
Denmark
10-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Find Reply
pitlane07 Offline

Threads: 31
RE: Pratice week TT10
(10-01-2010, 04:21 PM)Bobo Wrote: We are 3 buddies from Denmark, who will visit the TT10. We will arrive late Sunday 30th May and leave early Friday 4th June. As you see it's the practice week as we thought it's better to see practice 4 evenings in stead of just 2 race-days. However, I wonder - how is "the action" in practice week compared to race week - maybe a stupid decision we have made? Any experienced guys out there to assist in this question?

Best regards
Bobo
Denmark

Hey Bobo,nice lazy few days,classic racing at billown,practice for tt in evening not to busy so enjoy,c u there pitlane.
PITLANE 07
10-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
RE: Practice week TT10
If you have time, hope you can pop into our TT photo exhibition at the Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road, Laxey; open 9 am to 5 pm.
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
10-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Website Find Reply
serafini Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
(10-01-2010, 04:21 PM)Bobo Wrote: We are 3 buddies from Denmark, who will visit the TT10. We will arrive late Sunday 30th May and leave early Friday 4th June. As you see it's the practice week as we thought it's better to see practice 4 evenings in stead of just 2 race-days. However, I wonder - how is "the action" in practice week compared to race week - maybe a stupid decision we have made? Any experienced guys out there to assist in this question?

Best regards
Bobo
Denmark

Excellent idea, as you can go to the Billown classic races on the Monday, and see the Mountain circuit from various points during the week. For your first ever practice, go to the bottom of Bray Hill - always breathtaking - but be there one hour before practice starts as it gets very busy!

Also go to Ballaugh Bridge one evening - again, be there early.

Suggest you stay on the outside of the course as you can then move to new vantage points.

During the days, go to the race paddock early in the week, the various photo exhibitions (e.g. at Laxey, as above) and the Manx Museum in Douglas which will have a special Suzuki exhibition this year. Also the private Murray motorcycle collection in Santon. Most exhibitions are free but donations to charity requested.

Sights: Peel and Castletown castles and museums, Mountain railway from Laxey to top of Snaefell, Laxey wheel, Rushen Abbey near Castletown.

At night, Douglas is relatively quiet during practice week but if you want night life go to Copenhagen, not the Isle of Man!

You lucky people.
12-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Find Reply
RichieRich Offline

Threads: 4

Best regards
Bobo
Denmark

Hi Bobo, In my experience, Practice week is a great time for watching from the more popular vantage points on the course because it's never as busy as race week.. Lap speeds are very quick too.. Cam Donald 131mph in 2009! We usually meet up with some great Danish guys every year at our B&B in Port St. Mary too!
Richard
13-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Find Reply
Bobo Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Thanks guys - your info is very appreciated.
15-01-2010, 06:23 AM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
(15-01-2010, 06:23 AM)Bobo Wrote: Thanks guys - your info is very appreciated.
And..Cameron Donald won't be the only Australian cruising around. There may be a few from Oz amongst the spectators too. Not me this year, unfortunately, but I'll hopefully be there in 2011.
Jan
15-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
last yr, i went to Billown Classic meeting, It was brilliant, to see the bikes that were top machines when i was a lad, it was a great spectacle, then move on to the Evening practices, not as busy during the day, meant that i was able to see certain things, that i wouldnt during TT week, this yr, all being well, i hope to got for half of prac week and race week
i hope you enjoy your selves, the TT is an expirience, been there 33 times!!

http://www.irishracephotography.com
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2010, 06:35 PM by Baylon McCaughey.)
20-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Website Find Reply