More Accolades for Farquhar
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
More Accolades for Farquhar
Ryan Farquhar received more accolades on Friday night, in recognition of his stunning 2009 road racing season, a year that saw him chalk up a staggering 61 race wins, take 6 National championships and break Joey Dunlop's long standing record of 118 National race wins. The Dungannon flyer was in attendance at the annual Irish Racer Magazine awards ceremony in Belfast and the 33-year old picked up both the National Road Racer of the Year and Team of the Year awards, just rewards for his and the KMR Kawasaki teams' scintillating seasons.

With over 500 guests in attendance, including special guest MotoGP ace Loris Capirossi, Farquhar also received the highly prestigious Duke Road Race Rankings trophy, the third time he has taken this particular award, given to the rider who records the highest number of points over the 25 road races held in the British Isles during the course of the year.

In the feature Irish Motorcyclist of the Year category, Ryan had to settle for third as he was just pipped to the post by World Championship riders Eugene Laverty, who won the trophy, and Jonathan Rea.

Speaking later, a clearly delighted Ryan said:

"2009 really was a fantastic year for me and to have my achievements recognised tonight in front of so many people is a real honour. I'm particularly proud to have picked up the Team of the Year trophy as we were really up against it all year long but we proved what can be achieved with commitment and dedication. Last year was a complete team effort for the entire season and whilst I was the rider out there on the bike, it was only made possible by my loyal sponsors supporting me all the way and by the hard work of all the team members. The three trophies I've won tonight are as much for them as they are for me and we're all really looking forward to 2010 where we hope to do even better!"

(Phil Wain).
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Website Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
RE: More Accolades for Farquhar
Well done Ryan well deserved and good luck this year.
Roll on Kells 2010
19-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Find Reply