STEVE PLATER WINS AWARD
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
STEVE PLATER WINS AWARD
Woodhall Spa race ace Steve Plater has just returned from Northern Ireland where he attended the launch of the 2010 North West 200 road race festival on Tuesday. He also attended the Awards evening where he picked up the Irish Racer magazine award for International Road Racer of the Year, an accolade that was well deserved.

[Image: platernw2010.gif]

The launch of the 2010 North West 200 was held on Tuesday when a new title and associate sponsor was announced. Relentless energy drink is the new title sponsor with Black Horse announced as the new associate sponsor of the International North West 200.

The North West 200 races are scheduled for Saturday, May 15 with a full programme of events taking place during the week running up to race day and practice sessions will take place on Tuesday, May 11 and Thursday, May 13. Roads will be closed on Tuesday from 5pm - 9.30pm although the Coleraine & District Motor Club have applied for a change in road closure times (9.30am – 3pm) for Thursday’s practice.

In 2009 Plater, who rides for HM Plant Honda, was aiming to secure the win in both Superbike events plus the two Supersport races but heavy rain curtailed the action on race day cutting the races down to one in each class. But the accomplished Lincolnshire road racer proved his capabilities by winning both races that did take place.

“I have entered all four races again this year, two Superbike and two Supersport,” said Plater. “It would be nice to think I could win all four races and that is what I am setting my sights on. We could really do with some nice warm dry weather conditions on the day so that all the riders involved can experience a good safe ride.

“I am riding in the Superstock class this year on the short circuits and we are looking into the possibility of contesting the Superstock race at the North West as well.”

Following the launch Steve spent some time with other top riders touring the circuit and working on safety issues around the course with race officials before attending the awards evening with Irish Racer Magazine on Friday where he had been voted International Road Racer of the Year.

He then headed back to the mainland where he took part in a meet and greet chat show at the annual Spalding Bike show on Sunday.

Steve will take part in a series of tests with HM Plant Honda in early March with three days at Cartegena and a further two days at Gaudix in Spain to prepare for the opening round of the Metzeler National Superstock championship scheduled for Brands Hatch over the Easter weekend.

Pic shows Steve on stage at the NW200 Launch – credit Alan Armstrong
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
26-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Website Find Reply