Manx Radio to continue as Official TT Broadcast Partner
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Manx Radio to continue as Official TT Broadcast Partner
Isle of Man national broadcaster Manx Radio will continue to broadcast the Official TT coverage it has been confirmed

The Island’s Department of Tourism and Leisure has re-appointed the station to the role of Official Broadcast Partner.

Manx Radio has broadcast TT commentary for 46 years, since its launch in 1964. The new, multi-year deal will see the broadcaster continue to provide live race commentary from around the course, as well as the popular TT-dedicated 1368AM broadcast Radio TT, which is also available worldwide on-line via the official Isle of Man TT website.

This year, the station will broadcast TT coverage from Saturday May 29 until 8pm on Saturday June 12.

It will be on air from 6am to 9pm daily and will provide an hourly news service with weather updates from the Ronaldsway Metrological office. There will be an early morning chat show featuring TT legend Charlie Williams as well as a lunch-time chat show on non-race days. Both shows will be broadcast from the TT Grandstand in front of a live audience.

The station will also carry outside broadcasts from the TT prize-giving ceremonies, Ramsey Sprint and Peel Day, as well as other activities from the TT festival.

Manx Radio’s TT coverage will involve a team of 31 dedicated personnel who will fulfil jobs including commentary, production, presenting, newsreaders, timekeepers, engineers, business and promotions, and airtime executives, as well as a management team.

Tourism and Leisure Minister Martyn Quayle said:

‘In view of Manx Radio’s unrivalled experience in broadcasting the TT and in order to maximise the investment of public funds that have been made in the station and its infrastructure it was felt that reappointing Manx Radio was the preferred and most cost effective solution.’
‘I am confident that Manx Radio will provide a great service for both on and off-Island bike fans to enable them to closely follow the action from the TT Races.’
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Website Find Reply
Glue Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Manx Radio to continue as Official TT Broadcast Partner
Cool !
[Image: 4328556252_250db7ae08_b.jpg]
03-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Website Find Reply