Moto GP Moto2 News
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Moto GP Moto2 News
West’s MZ machine developing well

[Image: awest1.gif]

Anthony West is pleased with how his MZ Racing Moto2 chassis is progressing at the Montmeló test.

Anthony West was one of the many riders on track at the Circuit de Catalunya on Thursday as he continued his work on board his MZ Racing machine.

The Australian, who has experience in the former intermediate 250cc class and MotoGP and is on the reserve entry for the 2010 Moto2 category, is using the days at the Barcelona track in an experimental capacity, as he explores chassis options for his prototype.

“Today it’s a brand new chassis and it’s a little bit heavier than the last one. The next one will be lighter,” explained West. “I’m just taking it easy. We still have to put better suspension, brakes and an exhaust on, it’s like standard street bike stuff at the moment. The main goal was to find improvements with the chassis and something that turns well, and we’re one step forward from where we were last time. I think from this base we can make the final bike.”

West continued: “With the chassis being stiffer it rides the line a bit better. Lap times aren’t any quicker at the moment but everyone has the same tyres, so we’re just trying to get used to those. It’s good to know that everyone will have the same engine as well.”

“After this I’ll try and get some new suspension,” he added, “and that’ll be a big improvement on what we’ve got now and then we’ve got the tests in Valencia and Jerez that are coming up.”

Joy and pain for Rolfo

[Image: rolfo1.gif]

The Italian dislocated his left shoulder at Montmeló on Thursday after a promising start to the second day of testing at the track.

Italtrans STR rider Roberto Rolfo’s start to the season was dealt a blow at the Circuit de Catalunya on Thursday, when the Italian dislocated his shoulder. Rolfo had been the fastest rider on Wednesday on his Suter bike, but a hard fall on Thursday morning ended his test early.

He told motogp.com: “I was coming into turn four and I don’t know exactly what happened. The surface under the bridge was a bit wet and I went into a puddle. I lost control of the bike and could not avoid it. I wasn’t travelling at great speed, but I fell and dislocated my shoulder. I hope to return soon.”

Rolfo visited the medical centre at the track and then went to the Clinica Dexeus in Barcelona, where his shoulder was put back into place under anaesthetic.

He continued: “Tomorrow I return home to Lugano, and in the afternoon I’ll travel to Italy to see Dr Porcellini. Then I’ll hope to have a clearer idea about my recovery. I hope to return for the test in Valencia on March 1.”

Less optimistic forecasts for his recovery have stated four weeks, which would compromise his pre-season preparations. Spanish rider Carmelo Morales rode Rolfo’s bike on Thursday afternoon at Montmeló.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
19-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Website Find Reply