thepeoplesbike.com announce strong team line-up for 2010 TT Races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
thepeoplesbike.com announce strong team line-up for 2010 TT Races
Fastest American Mark Miller joined by TT newcomer Stephen Thompson

[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

thepeoplesbike.com team, who made their Isle of Man TT debut in 2009, have confirmed that they will be returning to the TT for the 2010 event.

Mark Cubbon’s innovative idea, which saw hundreds of race fans sponsor the team and have their picture displayed on the race fairing in return, was a tremendous success and he returns bigger and better in 2010 with a 2-man squad.

Spearheading the team and sure to be challenging the top ten is the fastest ever American rider at the TT, Mark Miller. The Californian posted three top 12-finishes in 2009 as well as recording a 125mph+ lap and is sure to be even stronger this time around.

His team-mate will be one of the highest profile newcomers at TT2010 – Stephen Thompson. The Crumlin rider was one of Northern Ireland’s leading 125cc and 250cc short circuit riders in the late 90s before switching to the four strokes in 2002. A regular in the British Superstock Championship, Thompson has already scored top class results on the roads at the North West 200, Ulster Grand Prix and Macau Grand Prix and his TT debut is eagerly awaited.

The team is currently building a brand new Suzuki GSXR 1000 Superstock bike so that Stephen can compete in the Superbike, Superstock and Senior races.

[Image: sthompson1.gif]
Stephen Thompson

Commenting on his decision to race at the TT this year, Stephen said:

“I have always wanted to compete at the TT but in previous years I have had commitments to other teams and championships. With the help of the team at the Department of Tourism and Leisure and Mark from thepeoplesbike.com it has all just fallen into place this year."

Mark Cubbon, team owner of thepeoplesbike.com spoke of Stephens TT challenge:

"As a team we are all very excited about working with Stephen, he is a very talented and level headed rider. We are looking
to build a long term association with Stephen as I am certain that given time and good machinery he has the ability to compete with the very best road racers at future TT events."

Anyone wishing to support Stephen Thompson at this year’s TT can sign up by visiting the website thepeoplesbike.com.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
05-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Website Find Reply