ALSTARE SUZUKI SET FOR PORTIMAO WORLD SUPERBIKES
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ALSTARE SUZUKI SET FOR PORTIMAO WORLD SUPERBIKES
After success in Australia, Team Suzuki Alstare riders Leon Haslam and Sylvain Guintoli
are looking forward to getting back on track at round two of the World Superbike Championship
at Portimao in Portugal this weekend and chasing the podium again.

[Image: suzukiportimao1.gif]

This is the third time that the Autodromo do Algarve is hosting a round of the championship, though this year the race takes place in Spring instead of its usual end-of-season date.

Following the opening round at Phillip Island, Haslam is leading the World Championship by nine points with Guintoli fifth, and both are determined to do well at the 4.592 kilometre circuit. Haslam was in superb form in the pre-season tests at the track in January and Guintoli too showed that he had become very comfortable with the 2010 GSX-R1000 Suzuki Alstare bike. Both riders are eager to continue their attack on the Championship and also keep Suzuki at the top of the Manufacturer’s standings.

Leon Haslam:

“Portimao is a fantastic circuit and probably the most demanding one on the calendar. I think all riders like it because it is such a challenge and when you do a good lap there, the feeling is fantastic.

“From the very first time I jumped onto the Suzuki I knew that the bike could be a contender and so far, I think we have proved that. The whole team has given me tremendous support and we are all now looking forward to another good weekend in Portimao. I went well there in the pre-season tests and I will be chasing two more podiums for sure.”

Sylvain Guintoli:

“I am very pleased with my start to the season and I cannot tell you how happy and comfortable I am with my bike. Of course, every time I go out on it I learn a bit more, but already I am thinking of podiums and that is a good feeling to have.

“It has been a long break since the first race and I am itching to get back in the saddle and racing again. Portimao is a great track, but very, very challenging. I think it is one of the best race tracks in the series and I will be doing my very best to get on the podium there.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Website Find Reply