HASLAM FASTEST IN PORTIMAO SUPERBIKE QUALIFYING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HASLAM FASTEST IN PORTIMAO SUPERBIKE QUALIFYING
Team Suzuki Alstare rider Leon Haslam led the way during first qualifying for the second round of the Superbike World Championship today at the Autodromo do Algarve in Portimao.

[Image: haslam4.gif]

The Briton posted a lap of 1:43.476, to finish ahead of Michel Fabrizio (Ducati), Carlos Checa (Ducati) and Max Biaggi (Aprilia), while team-mate Sylvain Guintoli ended the day in 14th, but is confident of significant improvement tomorrow

Leon Haslam - 1st, 1:43.476:

“It’s always good to be the fastest in qualifying, but it’s more important what we do in Superpole and on Sunday. We were successful during our tests here back in January and it’s good that we have done well again today. The track did not feel so grippy today - especially in first practice - but once everybody has put in more laps, that will improve and the times will come down. No big dramas today, just trying to find a good set-up for the bike and be in good shape when Superpole starts tomorrow.”

Sylvain Guintoli - 14th, 1:44.423:

“Even though the result doesn’t show it, for me today was a good first day of practice. We started off with one of my bikes using a set-up from the last race in Phillip Island and the other one with the set-up we used here during the tests in January. The Phillip Island set-up actually worked better here today, so that’s the one we will start working with tomorrow and improve. The grip level was not great today, but that’s probably because there’s not enough rubber down on the track after all the rain over the winter. I’m sure the lap times will fall as more rubber is laid down.”

Friday results: 1 Leon Haslam (GBR-Suzuki Alstare) 1:43.476, 2 Fabrizio (ITA-Ducati) 1:43.508, 3 Checa (ESP-Ducati) 1:43.645, 4 Biaggi (ITA-Aprilia) 1:43.688, 5 Toseland (GBR-Yamaha) 1:43.735, 6 Crutchlow (GBR-Yamaha) 1:43.769. 14 Sylvain Guintoli (FRA- Suzuki Alstare) 1:44.423.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
26-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Website Find Reply