Ian Brown confirmed for TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ian Brown confirmed for TT
One of the UK’s leading music talents has been confirmed to play at this year’s Isle of Man TT Races Festival.
Ian Brown, former frontman for The Stone Roses will appear at the Royal Hall, Villa Marina on Saturday 5th June.

[Image: ianbrown.gif]

Tickets for the concert are on sale on Saturday 3rd April from the Welcome Centre at the Sea Terminal and on the Ticket Hotline on 01624 600555 and are expected to sell quickly.

The Stone Roses are widely acknowledged as one of the pioneering bands of the ‘Madchester’ scene in the late 80’s and early 90’s and frontman Ian Brown is one of the most instantly recognisable figures from the movement. His influence is still seen today in bands such as the Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian and Coldplay.

Since the Stone Roses split up in 1996, Ian Brown has released six solo albums (4 reached Top 10 in the UK albums chart) and had 14 UK Top 40 singles including the seminal hits “My Star”, “F.E.A.R.”, “Dolphins Were Monkeys” and “Illegal Attacks”. In 2005, he sold out the 16,000 capacity MEN Arena in Manchester and has sold out the Brixton Academy as a solo artist 11 times. At the 2006 NME awards, Brown was presented with the "Godlike Genius" award and in 2007 was given the Q "Legend" Award.

The Department of Tourism and Leisure has already announced details of the TT festival including headline appearances by leading UK comedians Al Murray and Ross Noble. There is also a high profile stunt production scheduled every evening and fans will also be entertained with quizzes, chat shows, local music, motorcycle meetings, a Red Arrows flypast, TT race winners parade and closing firework show.

Booking Information

Tickets on sale on Saturday 3rd April from:-

The Welcome Centre at the Sea Terminal and The Ticket Hotline on 01624 600555

Royal Hall, Villa Marina
Saturday 5th June
Tickets from £38
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Website Find Reply