Rob Mac thoughts for 2010
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rob Mac thoughts for 2010
“I’m not getting ahead of myself like I usually do at this time of year BUT
I have to say we have not had a winter test and a team spirit like this since
Niall Mackenzie and James Whitham lined up with the Boost bikes!

[Image: robmachdr.jpg]

Neil Hodgson returning to the BSB championship with my team has been inspirational, the injection of motivation he has given not just to my lads but the sponsors and the championship has been fantastic.

I guess when you have been BSB and WSB Champion, ridden at Moto GP and the American championship you may well ask why? And I did ! Neil is really motivated to come back to the UK and have some fun at the front! Racing is no fun if you are not at the sharp end and Neil is totally focused at being at the front of the show come Sunday.

Dan Linfoot our young gun was over the moon with the signing of Hodgy, for him to have someone with that pedigree in the garage next to him will be invaluable.

Dan has wintered well, he is one of the best young talents we have coming through at the moment and will, if the winter tests are a benchmark make his mark in 2010.

To add to my excitement we had the delivery of the factory Yamaha’s used by the Airwaves team for 2009 Championship win, we have no excuses! We have the bike, the data, the team and now a World Champion! I guess I have reason to be a little giddy!

So let’s get going, all the BS is over, the lap times in Spain mean nothing come Brands Hatch in two weeks! The season will be one of the best again! Honda have Kyo and Brookes who possibly start favourites, Suzuki line up with Kagayama and our Virgin Mobile champ Tommy Hill, a good team should be exciting for big Jack Valentine (Suzuki Team manger), Stuart Easton and 2009 runner up James Ellison on Honda’s then team Motorpoint Yamaha with ex World Champ Neil Hodgson and the hottest new Superbike prospect Dan Linfoot on championship winning Yamaha’s !! Let’s go!!
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
29-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Website Find Reply