Seeley steals top spot in opening practice
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley steals top spot in opening practice
Relentless Suzuki by TAS rider Alastair Seeley had a dream debut in the opening free practice session for the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch this afternoon as he topped the times ahead of fellow Suzuki rider Tommy Hill.

Reigning National Superstock 1000 champion Seeley maintained his position at the top of the timesheets after Hill leaped up to the two top two in the final fifteen minutes of the session, but it wasn't enough to knock the 'Wizard' from the top.

It wasn't a completely successful session though, as he tipped off at Druids in the final minutes but was able to get back out of the gravel and return to the pitlane. For ending the opening practice session of the season fastest, he was presented with a bottle of champagne by MCN reader Chris Wheatcroft.

Seeley said:

"It is great for me to start in P1, especially as this is my first weekend on the Superbike. I had that small crash at the end of the session which was a shame as I think we could have gone faster, but I just touched the white line and down I went. I won't be doing that again in a hurry! It has given the boys some extra work and scuffed my new boots but nothing more so it is not all bad.

"It was an interesting session as the track conditions changed so much, but we worked on some changes to the traction control and new rear shock and we made some good progress. Hopefully tomorrow the conditions will remain constant and we can make some more improvements."

The top ten featured several entries from Mirror.co.uk BSB - Evo teams, with Aaron Zanotti on the Red Viper Spike Suzuki in fifth, ahead of returning champion Ryuichi Kiyonari on the HM Plant Honda in sixth. Hudson Kennaugh was another rider to feature inside the top ten ahead of the lone Swan Honda of James Ellison, his team-mate Stuart Easton sat out the first session but is ready for the sessions tomorrow.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, MCN Premiere, free practice one:

Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 51.117s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.815s
John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +0.821s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.831s
Aaron Zanotti (Red Viper Spike Suzuki Evo) +0.988s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.991s
Luke Jones (PR Racing M/Cs & Moore) +1.238s
Hudson Kennaugh (MAR Racing Kawasaki Evo) +1.320s
James Ellison (Swan Honda) +1.321s
Chris Burns (Splitlath Motorsport Aprilia Evo) +1.660s

TV Coverage.

Monday 05 April
12:30-17:30 - Live Raceday
British Eurosport 2

Monday 05 April
20:30-22:00 - Highlights
British Eurosport 2

Monday 05 April
23:30-1:00 - Highlights
British Eurosport 2

Complete Listing of ALL Friday Free Practice Times - HERE.

(A pdf file so you will need Adobe)
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2010, 07:13 PM by Malcolm.)
02-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Website Find Reply