Bridewell and Quay Garage steal the show
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bridewell and Quay Garage steal the show
Tommy Bridewell and the Quay Garage Honda topped a frantic second free practice session for the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch this afternoon, as the times tumbled as the conditions improved, with the top 16 riders covered by less than a second.

Ryuichi Kiyonari on the HM Plant Honda took the advantage early in the session, leading the times for the main part of the free practice as his rival closed in. Simon Andrews was getting close and the pair were in the main pack of riders on circuit but the MSS Colchester Kawasaki rider crashed out at Clearways.

Tommy Hill then edged ahead on the Worx Crescent Suzuki, but his spell at the top was short as Kiyo was back to the top of the times just a lap later. It was then Bridewell who enjoyed his first spell fastest on the Quay Garage Honda to give the team a boost on their move into the main class, where he remained until the end of the session.

Bridewell said:

"We made a lot of changes during the session and we started on a slightly wet setting on the forks because of the conditions. We had a good lap and came in for a new tyre as the one we had did around 60 - 70 laps. We then changed back to a dry setting and we hardened up the front as well, then the bike was about a hundred times better. There were a few slower riders that slowed me down but I kept my head down, did a run of laps and finished fastest. I think the track conditions will improve for this afternoon so I can't wait to get going again."

James Ellison on the first of the Swan Hondas left it until the dying moments of the session to move fourth fastest, edging out Josh Brookes on the second HM Plant Honda who was another rider who left it late to move up the timesheets to push Gary Mason back to sixth.

Yukio Kagayama had been running as high as second during the opening session, but he later dropped back to seventh ahead of yesterday's fastest rider Alastair Seeley in eighth. Steve Brogan was the fastest of the Mirror.co.uk BSB - Evo riders on the Jentin Racing BMW in eleventh.

James Edmeades on the Redline KTM crashed out at Cooper Straight and has sustained a soft tissue injury to his right knee and a injured left hand.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, free practice two:

Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) 46.623s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.018s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.092s
James Ellison (Swan Honda) +0.329s
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +0.357s
Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.400s
Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.435s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.667s
Adam Jenkinson (Buildbase Kawasaki) +0.819s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.854s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
03-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Website Find Reply