Rock on Tommy!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rock on Tommy!
Worx Crescent Suzuki's Tommy Hill topped the times in the third free practice session at Brands Hatch this afternoon as he battled it out with his namesake Tommy Bridewell to finish fastest at the end of the second day.

The session had started with Hill leading the way from HM Plant Honda's Ryuichi Kiyonari, but it was the second Japanese returnee Yukio Kagayama that then moved to the top with 17 minutes on the clock. However, just two minutes later it was Bridewell that had moved back fastest, where he stayed until the final minute when Hill stole the advantage.

Hill said: "I had a few issues that I knew we needed to work on so was in and out of the garage to try and get those sorted as soon as possible. I think we are there now and then tomorrow we can go out and really push it."

The Swan Honda of James Ellison stormed to second with two minutes remaining, but with another flyer from Bridewell he was relegated to third. The second Swan Honda of Stuart Easton was 15th as he settled in to free practice.

Michael Laverty showed real improvement this afternoon to move fifth fastest ahead of Kagayama who dropped down the order in the closing stages of the session. Alastair Seeley was seventh fastest, despite topping the times with ten minutes of the session remaining, to finish just ahead of Dan Linfoot on the leading Motorpoint Yamaha. Josh Brookes was ninth for HM Plant Honda and Gary Mason clocked the tenth fastest time before crashing out uninjured in the final minute at Cooper Straight.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, free practice three:

1. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 45.926s
2. Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) +0.164s
3. James Ellison (Swan Honda) +0.191s
4. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.200s
5. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.250s
6. Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.261s
7. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.268s
8. Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.340s
9. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +0.362s
10. Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.544s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
03-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Website Find Reply