BRIDEWELL BLITZES BRANDS
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BRIDEWELL BLITZES BRANDS
Quay Garage Honda rider Tommy Bridewell stunned the established stars with a superb
performance during practice at the opening round of the
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch in Kent today.

[Image: bridewell11.gif]

The 21 year old from Etchilhampton near Devizes in Wiltshire set fastest time during this morning's second free practice session aboard the Quay Garage Honda Fireblade with a time of 46.623 seconds and finished ahead of Worx Crescent Suzuki rider Tommy Hill and HM Plant Honda ace Ryuichi Kiyonari and all was looking good to repeat the performance in this afternoon's third session when Bridewell was holding position one with just a few minutes remaining.

However he couldn't hold on as he was held up on a potential fastest lap and had to surrender fastest time to Tommy Hill but still ended up in second position to round off a good day and to stand him in good stead going into tomorrow's qualifying action aboard the ex Shakey Byrne 2007 machine.

Yesterday Tommy impressed in the damp conditions and held fourth fastest at one point and the Quay Garage Honda team are very confident of a good result following a number of laps around the Indy Circuit.

"I'm feeling very positive after today and I don't think many people would have had us first and second in the two sessions today. We've gradually upped our pace and up until the very final minutes of this afternoon's session, we hadn't used a soft tyre. Instead we've been concentrating on getting a good race set up and there's still a lot we can improve for tomorrow. The team is working fantastic and the bike is awesome but we need to keep improving and the plan tomorrow is to try and get on to the front two rows of the grid. If we can do that then we stand a very good chance in Monday's races as we've done consistently fast laps over a race distance today" said Tommy.

Team owner Ian Woollacott was equally upbeat:

"Tommy's done a wonderful job for us today and we've been impressed by his pace. He's adopted a very mature approach to the weekend and I've never seen him as focused nor as fit as he is. We have a good set up and we have more we can do so hopefully we can continue this great start to the season and score a couple of good results for the Quay Garage Honda team."

2010 MCE British Superbike Championship - Free Practice 2 (Saturday)

1. Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) 46.623s
2. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 46.641s
3. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 46.715s
4. James Ellison (Swan Honda) 46.952s
5. Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 46.980s
6. Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) 47.023s

2010 MCE British Superbike Championship - Free Practice 3 (Saturday)

1. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 45.926s
2. Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) 46.090s
3. James Ellison (Swan Honda) 46.117s
4. Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 46.126s
5. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki) 46.176s
6. Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 46.187s

Tomorrow sees the final free practice session take place at 10.00am with the Swan Roll for Pole getting underway at 3.00pm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
03-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Website Find Reply