King Kiyo conquers final free practice
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
King Kiyo conquers final free practice
Ryuichi Kiyonari set the pace at Brands Hatch this morning as the sun shone on Brands Hatch for the final free practice session for the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship ahead of this afternoon's Swan Roll for Pole qualifying shootout.

It was a Mirror.co.uk BSB - Evo rider that started the session fastest, with Steve Brogan putting the BMW straight to the top of the timesheets early on, before Kiyonari stole the top spot with just over 30 minutes remaining of the session.

Kiyonari continued to up his pace on the drying track, ending the session with a time of 50.182s. The Motorpoint Yamaha of Dan Linfoot also enjoyed a brief spell at the top with 25 minutes to go before ending the session third, but within a minute he was replaced by James Ellison on the Swan Honda.

Kiyo didn't leave it long though to return to the top, putting in is best lap with 15 minutes remaining and whilst the remainder of the pack swapped places several times the HM Plant Honda remained fastest.

Alastair Seeley moved to fourth on the Relentless Suzuki by TAS in the final five minutes ahead of Josh Brookes on the second of the HM Plant Honda and Adam Jenkinson on the Buildbase Kawasaki.

Chris Burns ended the session as the fastest of the Mirror.co.uk BSB -Evo riders on the Splitlath Aprilia.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, free practice four:

Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 50.182s
James Ellison (Swan Honda) +0.264s
Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.419s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS_ +0.641s
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +0.742s
Adam Jenkinson (Buildbase Kawasaki) +0.904S
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.925s
Luke Jones (PR Racing MC and Moore Motorcycles) +0.974s
Chris Burns (Splitlath Motorsport Aprilia) +1.045s
John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +1.124s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Website Find Reply