Rob Mac Racing - Brands Hatch Qualifying Round 1
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rob Mac Racing - Brands Hatch Qualifying Round 1
[Image: robmachdr.jpg]

The 2010 British Superbike Championship burst into life today at a cold and sunny Brands Hatch.

Dan Linfoot the Motorpoint Yamaha Superbike ‘rookie’ grabbed his first ever front row start with an incredible fourth position in a thrilling pole position shoot out.

Dan has been the sensation of the winter pre season testing and proved that he is more than ready to step up to battle with the top Superbiker’s in the worlds most competitive domestic series.

Neil Hodgson did not have such a good time, struggling to find his confidence and with the weather making it hard to run out fast dry laps he lacked confidence to push to the limits needed to get a good time.

Dan Linfoot Motorpoint Yamaha 4th position

“That was awesome, I really wanted to show that the winter work was no fluke and we are ready to step up, Brands is like riding in fast forward mode! A 45 sec lap where you have to be inch perfect is a real test.

I feel great that I managed to hit all the apex’s and keep tidy, if you miss an inch around here you are punished, Rob kept reminding me to up my concentration and hit the spots and we’d get a 45 and we did!. Not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight now!!”

[Image: linfoot1.gif]

Neil Hodgson Motorpoint Yamaha 22nd position

“Well that was a serious baptism of fire! Coming back to the BSB was always going to be a tough call, this is the toughest domestic series in the world and the depth of field stronger than many World Championships.

Brands is a tough starting track, a 45 sec lap needs total commitment and confidence and I really do not feel comfortable to push that hard.

Dan is flying so that is great for the team and for me as I know the bike is fine, I need more laps and a couple of good races tomorrow”

[Image: hodgson1.gif]

Rob Mac team principal

“Fairly tough day first day at the office, I feel for Neil as an ex rider I know exactly what he is going through and Brands Hatch Indy circuit has no place to hide if you are slightly low on confidence! He will be fine after a couple of races tomorrow I am sure.

Dan on the other hand is brimming with confidence and his time on the track certainly proved that! Amazing, for this young guy to land on the front row at this early stage of the year really bode’s well for us, lets hope we can turn today’s results into big smiles tomorrow!”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Website Find Reply