LOWES QUALIFIES SIXTH AT BRANDS HATCH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
LOWES QUALIFIES SIXTH AT BRANDS HATCH
[Image: gnsracinglogo.gif]

GNS Racing rider Sam Lowes got his season off to a great start when he qualified the 600cc Honda on the second row of the grid at the opening round of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship at Brands Hatch in Kent today.

The Lincoln rider set his fastest time of 46.910 seconds in the first qualifying session held yesterday, and was unable to improve upon his time today due to the changeable weather conditions.

Team-mate Paul Jordan qualified on the fifth row of the grid, just 0.971 seconds from the pole setter such is the competitive pace but more importantly was third fastest of the Supersport Cup competitors meaning both the young Ulsterman as well as Lowes have an excellent chance of claiming some silverware in tomorrow's 26-lap race.

Sam Lowes:

"I'm happy to start on the second row of the grid for the first round as my race pace is mega. I didn't get full use of the softer tyre in qualifying because of the weather today but the team and bike are working really well and I can't wait for the race. I'm looking forward to a strong ride and finish so that we can build on that for the rest of the season."

Paul Jordan:

"I was happy to end up less than a second from pole position as this is a very competitive class this year. I didn't get a clear run in the second session and wasn't able to improve on my time from yesterday and I'm really looking forward to the race tomorrow."

Gary Stubbington, team owner:

"I'm very happy with the team, they are gelling together really well and I'm looking forward to a good result tomorrow. I'm really happy with both riders, the way they have been performing has amazed me. After the test here at Brands last month it all looked pretty good and the times they were doing in testing were on a par to where they are now."

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship Qualifying

6th Sam Lowes (Honda GNS Racing) 46.910s
20th Paul Jordan (Honda GNS Racing) 47.707s

1, Billy McConnell (Yamaha) 46.738s
2, James Westmoreland (Yamaha) 46.787s
3, Glen Richards (Honda) 46.828s
4, Paul Young (Triumph) 46.850s
5, Jason OHalloran (Triumph) 46.897s
6, Sam Lowes (Honda - GNS Racing) 46.910s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Website Find Reply