LOWES STORMS TO BRANDS VICTORY
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
LOWES STORMS TO BRANDS VICTORY
[Image: gnsracinglogo.gif]

GNS Racing rider Sam Lowes romped to a fantastic victory in the opening round of the Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship at Brands Hatch in Kent today and in doing so, recorded a sensational debut win for Gary Stubbington's brand new team.

After qualifying in sixth place, the 19 year old from Lincoln got a great start and was soon battling with the leading bunch before making his move for the lead at half race distance.

Lowes gradually pulled away at the front aboard the 600cc Honda CBR and was looking in control when out came the red flags a few laps short following an accident and oil spillage meaning the 2009 British Supersport Cup Champion took his maiden win to lead the Championship.

It got even better for the Southampton-based team when Lowes' team-mate Paul Jordan managed to score a third placed finish in the British Supersport Cup class whereby the young Ulsterman claimed a fine 18th overall in his first ever four-stroke race after qualifying in 20th place on the grid.

[Image: lowes1.gif]

Sam Lowes:

"I'm mega happy to get the result for me and for the team as it's been a lot of hard work for both sides. It was a good race and I tried to keep calm at the start as it's a long race and once I got to the front it felt strange as I've never led a Supersport race before! My pit board showed I was getting better and better and I just kept my head down. It upset me a little bit when I came upon the backmarkers but then the red flag came out and I came into pit lane and saw everyone celebrating and I was overwhelmed. We've now got something to build on for the rest of the year and it was nice just to prove that I can do it. A big thanks to all the team for their hard work, I was on it!"

Paul Jordan:

"I'd also like to say a big thank you to all the team for all their hard work this weekend and it's a great start to the Championship. I got into my groove and just plugged away at it and managed to set the fastest lap of the Cup riders. I'm looking forward to the next round now and I've got a good starting point that I can build upon."

Gary Stubbington:

"I'm ecstatic and I just don't know what to say! I'd like to thank everyone in the team for all their hard work and after all the pressures we've had over the winter to get a result like this is great. I'd also like to thank all the people who have helped me behind the scenes the engineers and graphics people and especially the team members and I can't believe what they have done to help me and this great result is all down to them as they have taken us to where we are now. We have to try to emulate this now over the rest of the season."

The team now looks forward to the next round of the Championship which takes place at their local Thruxton Circuit in Hampshire over the weekend of April 17/19 and where they'll be looking to continue their great start to the season.

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport 600cc Championship 21 laps

1 Sam Lowes (Honda) 16m39.683s
2 James Westmoreland (Yamaha) +1.553s
3 Billy McConnell (Yamaha) +1.579s
4 Jason OHalloran (Triumph) +2.059s
5 Graeme Gowland (Honda) +2.692s
6 Daniel Cooper (Triumph) +2.973s
7 Paul Young (Triumph) +4.688s
8 Ian Hutchinson (Honda) +4.717s
9 Tom Grant (Yamaha) +7.898s
10 AJ Venter (Triumph) +9.804s

18 Paul Jordan (Honda) +1 lap

Cup

1 David Jones (Triumph)
2 Daniel Kneen (Yamaha)
3 Paul Jordan (Honda)
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
05-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Website Find Reply