SEELEY AND RELENTLESS SUZUKI TAKE BRANDS PODIUM
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SEELEY AND RELENTLESS SUZUKI TAKE BRANDS PODIUM
[Image: relenlessbsb1.gif]

Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing's Alastair Seeley sits proudly in third place in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship after the opening two races at Brands Hatch in Kent.

The series Rookie's fourth place in race one was bettered in the second with a strong third-placed podium finish, boosted by the fastest lap of the race.

Michael Laverty retired from the opening race after a mechanical problem, but the former British Supersport Champion bounced back in race two, finishing fourth just behind his team-mate on his Relentless Suzuki GSX-R1000 Superbike.

Both riders showed courage and determination on race day, battling through the pack on the short-and-demanding Brands Hatch Indy Circuit: Seeley fought through to third in race one after a mediocre start, sweeping past title favourites Stuart Easton and Josh Brookes and only losing out on a debut podium to James Ellison by half a second.

Laverty's crew worked tirelessly to guarantee his place on the grid in race two, and although the Toomebridge man was forced to take a chance on some untried settings, he impressively pushed through from eighth on the grid to a podium position after 11 laps.

The hard-charging Seeley did eventually pass Laverty on lap 12 which he held to the flag, but to have both Relentless Suzukis in the top-four was a pleasing start to the season for everyone involved.

[Image: seeleybrands.gif]

Alastair Seeley:

"It was nice to get that result in race two: the first BSB podium for the boys and also the fastest lap of the race on the Relentless by TAS Suzuki. We'll need to work on our starts for the next round, but I really enjoyed today. There were some hard moves going on out there; I think I swapped paint with Easton in race one a few times! The guys in the team have been doing a great job for me, and I know I've said it more than once today, but the bike was on rails in race two. The biggest thing I noticed from riding in Superstock is the quality of the entry and when you make a pass it has to be forceful and very precise. I'm delighted with our start and I'm now well set up for Thruxton."

Michael Laverty:

"I'll take the positives from the weekend with fourth place in race two, but I have to admit I was frustrated at times with the problems we encountered this weekend. The biggest problem was the lack of track time, but I must give big credit to the boys in the garage as they had absolutely no time to sit back and relax this weekend. There will be better days but it was nice to see Alastair getting his podium."

Philip Neill - BSB Team Principal:

"We'll certainly take that as a start to the season. All the hard work over the winter from the team and the riders is already paying off. This is an early repayment to our sponsors Suzuki and Relentless and all our other loyal backers, but we will not get carried away. To score a podium finish at the start of our third season in the premier BSB class is very satisfying. However, now we have ticked that box our next goal must be the top-step of the podium.

"We are operating with two highly-motivated riders this season. With Alastair, we never really knew how long it would take for him to make the transition to Superbike. His quiet confident manner is hard to read at times but I think today is a sign of what's to come from him.

"Michael Laverty has been equally-impressive this weekend and how he conducted himself during and after the problems he encountered, demonstrates his level of professionalism. After the race one disappointment, his result in race two was phenomenal; especially running some untried settings. It was also especially-pleasing to see both bikes running P3 and P4 on traaack togetther in race two, as that's the sort of thing that makes it all worthwhile. It's onwards and upwards now."

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch:

Race one:

1. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki)
2.Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.723s
3.James Ellison (Swan Honda) +4.607s
4.Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +4.655s
5.Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +8.785s
6.Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +10.598s
7.Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +11.856s
8.Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +20.079s
9.Chris Walker (CW Racing Suzuki) +20.211s
10.John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +20.585s

Race two:

1.James Ellison (Swan Honda)
2.Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.186s
3.Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +4.925s
4.Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +6.711s
5.Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +22.060s
6.Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +22.203s
7.John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +27.328s
8.Simon Andrews (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +29.841s
9.Martin Jessopp (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +35.885s
10.Steve Brogan (Jentin Racing BMW Evo)

Championship Standings (after 1 round):

1. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 45
2.James Ellison (Swan Honda) +41
3.Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 29
4.Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) 21
5.Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 20
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Website Find Reply