PLATER READY FOR THRUXTON CHALLENGE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
PLATER READY FOR THRUXTON CHALLENGE
HM Plant Honda rider Steve Plater goes into the second round of the Metzeler National Superstock championship at Thruxton as series leader when he will be looking to add to his points tally to further extend his championship lead.

Plater rode the HM Plant Honda Superbike, Superstock and the Padgett’s Honda Supersport machines in a two day test at Castle Combe last week as part of his preparation for the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT races which are fast approaching.

[Image: platerbrands2.gif]

He commented:

“With overnight rain we were only able to get out on track in the afternoon on the first day but then had a full day of testing on Friday and put in a fair few miles on the Dunlop tyres we will be using for the road races this year. The Castle Combe circuit is ideal for road race testing and we were extremely happy with the results.”

The Lincolnshire star from Woodhall Spa near Lincoln went on to say:

“I am really looking forward to my second race in the Superstock championship and obviously after winning round one at Brands Hatch I will be out for the same result again.

“But the Brands race was not a true reflection of the depth of field and I realise there are a fair few riders that can challenge me throughout the year. It is a shame that Glen (Richards) crashed at Brands and won’t be at Thruxton but he is well on the road to recovery and will soon be back in the saddle.”

Free practice and qualifying take place on Friday and Saturday ahead of the 15-lap Superstock 1000 race at Thruxton on Sunday which is provisionally set for a start at 12.40pm and should be included in the live television broadcast which is set to commence at 12.30pm on British Eurosport 2.

Live radio commentary can be found at http://www.britishsuperbike.com/think
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
10-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Website Find Reply