HM Plant Honda Gears Up For Thruxton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HM Plant Honda Gears Up For Thruxton
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

The HM Plant Honda team will be back on track this weekend as riders Ryuichi Kiyonari and Josh Brookes continue their assault on the British Superbike Championship, whilst Steve Plater aims to extend his lead in the National Superstock 1000 Championship at the second round of the championship at Thruxton.

Kiyonari currently lies fifth in the overall standings following his second place finish on his return to the championship at the Brands Hatch opening round. Josh Brookes is keen to make amends at the circuit he took a maiden BSB podium finish at last season, after securing a lone fifth place last weekend.

In the National Superstock 1000 Championship, Steve Plater is keen to maintain his winning form after securing the first victory of the season for the HM Plant Honda team at Brands Hatch on the CBR1000RR Fireblade.

Kiyo said,

“I have good memories of Thruxton as I have been on the podium several times and had a double win so I am looking forward to going back there. It is not my favourite circuit but if I can win a race there then I might change my mind! I need to make amends for Brands Hatch as I was pleased to be on the podium in the first race, but disappointed with race two. I like to be fighting with the leading riders and I know riders say it a lot, but I want to win and anything less is not good enough.”

Josh said,

“I am looking forward to going to Thruxton at the weekend as it was the first place I took a BSB podium finish last year. For me, it is also special as it is close to my home in Wimbourne, so I get a bit of local support which is always good. Thruxton is an amazing place, there's nowhere like it in the world. A lot of the tracks in Britain are quite small and twisty by international standards, but not Thruxton. It's fast, wide open and exciting and I absolutely love going there. Brands Hatch wasn’t the best weekend for me, but that’s done now and I intend on getting back on the podium at Thruxton. The aim, as always, is of course to win and give the HM Plant Honda team the first one of the season.”

Steve said,

“I think Thruxton is going to be completely different to Brands Hatch. The nature of the circuit generally produces really close racing so it is going to be important to get a good qualifying and get off the line well. It is imperative we work hard on a good set up during practice so we can still set consistent lap times during the race but after a recent test at Castle Coombe I am feeling confident. We are definitely ready to fight for the win on race day so we can try to extend our championship lead.”

Team Manager, Havier Beltran concluded,

“The whole of the HM Plant Honda team is looking forward to Thruxton. It is a completely different track to Brands Hatch Indy but we know we have a strong base setting to start with in free practice. Both Kiyo and Josh have had success there in the past; Josh with a maiden BSB podium and Kiyo with wins and podiums, so we will be aiming for strong results this weekend. Steve is currently riding at the top of his game, he arrives at Thruxton off the back of a positive test at Castle Coombe and we will expect to see him in the top three from the word go.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Website Find Reply