Mainwaring in for Andrews at MSS Colchester Kawasaki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mainwaring in for Andrews at MSS Colchester Kawasaki
Howie Mainwaring will step in for the injured Simon Andrews this weekend for the MSS Colchester Kawasaki team at Thruxton, doubling up alongside his Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship commitments.

Mainwaring finished second in the opening National Superstock 1000 race of the season at Brands Hatch and is excited about the prospect of riding the full factory Superbike for this round whilst Andrews recovers from a broken heel and bone in his left foot after a crash at the World Superbike Championship event at Valencia last weekend.

Mainwaring said:

"It is a shame for Simon and we all hope he is back soon, but for me I am currently peaking. I am really excited about getting the chance to ride the full factory Superbike; I am on the limiter at the moment! It is going to be a busy weekend for me, riding in the Superbike and Superstock classes but I am looking forward to it. The Superbike is going to be a challenge and a big learning curve for me but there is no pressure and I am going to ease myself in during free practice and go from there. As far as I am concerned I just want to go out and ride and do the best I can for the team for giving me the chance."

Don't miss the next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Thruxton on 16/17/18 April.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Website Find Reply