HILL TAKES BRITISH SUPERBIKE LEAD TO THRUXTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HILL TAKES BRITISH SUPERBIKE LEAD TO THRUXTON
The Worx Crescent Suzuki team heads to round two of the British Superbike Championship at Thruxton this weekend with the championship lead to defend. Tommy Hill took a win and a second from the first round at Brands Hatch, to build a four-point buffer at the top of the table, and will be looking for more of the same this weekend.

[Image: thill2.gif]

The Hampshire circuit is renowned for its fearsome speed. A former WWII RAF base, it offers an open sweeping course which allows lap speeds in excess of 112mph average - far and away the fastest circuit on the BSB schedule - and yet it's also a circuit that makes for incredibly close racing. So while the team is well-prepared and confident, to a man they remain cautious.

Tommy Hill:

"The last time I raced at Thruxton back in 2007, I took the BSB pole position, so I like it there! It's a track where the rider really has to be on top of his game - with so many bumps you'll struggle to find the perfect set-up, so instead the rider needs to get his head around how to get the best from his bike and the circuit. Part of it is compromise, part of it is aggression.

"I am confident heading to Thruxton, especially after the win at Brands Hatch but it pays not to be too confident with such a long season ahead. I'll be happy to come away from there with a good stash of points and hopefully the championship lead still intact."

Yukio Kagayama:

"I haven't raced at Thruxton for so long, in fact I only ever came here the once in 2003. It's an amazing circuit, I don't think there's anywhere in the world where you ride so fast while leant to the limit - for so long - while also riding over so many bumps! But it is the same for everyone.

"Brands Hatch was just one meeting, with some bad luck, but I know I still have the feeling for the GSX-R and can make the speed that took me to fastest time at Cartegena in winter testing. Better results will come."

Jack Valentine - Team Manager:

"We've got every reason to be confident coming into this round. Last year stand-in rider Michael Rutter rode Sylvain Guintoli's bike here without the opportunity to make any personal changes and he put it on the front row and took two top-five finishes. So we know the Suzuki suits the circuit well - and this year we've got a much better chassis package so we should be very competitive.

"We do, though, need to stay on our toes. Some of our competitors suffered similar bad luck to Yukio at Brands, so we can expect them to come back strong this weekend. As well, the new rules for this season have already shown how they can upturn the running order. So it pays never to be complacent."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Website Find Reply