Another Classic First for Billown Pre TT Meeting
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Another Classic First for Billown Pre TT Meeting
[Image: pretthdr.gif]

MV Agusta, the iconic racing machine from the 1950’s and up to the early 1970’s in the hands of world champion riders, John Surtees, Mike Hailwood and Giacomo Agostini and others is set to make its debut at the 2010 Blackford’s Pre-TT Classic Road Races on the Billown Course in the south of the Isle of Man on 28th, 29th & 31st May.

Well known classic competitor Alan Oversby will be riding one of the rare replica 500cc three-cylinder Italian machines in the Senior Classic Race.

The Bolton-le-Sands metal fabricator is no stranger to the ‘fire-engine’ as the marque is affectionately known, having previously ridden a 350cc version at the Junior Classic in the 2009 Manx Grand Prix, leading the race for two laps before being forced to retire with machine trouble.

Race Secretary George Peach said, ‘The MV name holds many memories for people of a certain age who can remember the heydays of the Italian machine, and the exotic sound will evoke many pleasant occasions from the past and also thrill the present day enthusiasts as the 3-cylinder 500 circulates around the Southern 100 course in anger.’

Alan will also have his ‘faithful’ Craven Manx Norton with him at Billown to use in the Superbike event along with the Honda K4 for the Junior 350cc race.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
17-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Website Find Reply