Easton fastest, Ellison crashes out
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Easton fastest, Ellison crashes out
Stuart Easton ended the final free practice session at Thruxton this morning as the fastest rider on circuit ahead of this afternoon's Swan Roll for Pole shootout for the race one grid decider, after his team-mate James Ellison crashed out whilst leading.

Swan Honda's Ellison was leading the session, after topping the times yesterday and was improving with every lap until he crashed at Goodwood, one of the fastest points of the circuit, which brought out the red flag with 22 minutes remaining. Ellison has sustained a broken femur in the crash.

Josh Brookes had been the fastest rider on the circuit in the opening 15 minutes of the session on the HM Plant Honda, dropping to second as Ellison upped the pace.

Tommy Hill was another rider to crash out during the session; the Worx Crescent Suzuki fell at Cobb, whilst running third behind Ellison and Brookes. He was unable to get back out on track for the remainder of the session as the team worked to get the bike ready for this afternoon's Swan Combi Roll for Pole.

At the red flag it was Ellison leading Brookes, Hill and Martin Jessopp with Yukio Kagayama rounding out the top five.

When the session restarted Stuart Easton put in a time to move second fastest on the lone Swan Honda ahead of Brookes, Hill and Alastair Seeley who was edging his way up the times. Kagayama made improvements in the final minutes to move fourth fastest to end ahead of his team-mate, whilst Ryuichi Kiyonari worked his way up to seventh.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Thruxton, free practice three:

James Ellison (Swan Honda) 1m:15.236s
Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +0.048s
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +0.105s
Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.116s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.190s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.336s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.379s
Martin Jessopp (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.445s
Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.560s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.654s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
17-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Website Find Reply