Hill smashes lap record to take pole
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill smashes lap record to take pole
Worx Crescent Suzuki's Tommy Hill will start from pole position at Thruxton after a dramatic Swan Combi Roll for Pole qualifying session this afternoon and he smashed the lap record with a time of 1m:14.366s.

Hill said:

"It was an awesome lap but I didn't even know what time I had done until I came back into pitlane as it wasn't showing on the dashboard. I was peaking when I found out; to be under the lap record is such a good feeling. I was sat in the motorhome after the crash this morning feeling a bit sorry for myself and then I got up and went to the garage and instantly felt ready to get back out there. The first session felt like being in Mad Max, but for me it is job done for today and see what happens tomorrow."

Michael Rutter put in a last dash lap in the final minute to move second just ahead of Swan Honda's Stuart Easton with Yukio Kagayama completing the front row.

There were several big hitters that missed out on the final shootout, including HM Plant Honda's Ryuichi Kiyonari who got knocked out after Q2 and will start from 13th on the grid tomorrow for the opening race.

Michael Laverty was also forced out after Q2 after a heavy crash at the Club Chicane in the opening knockout; his Relentless Suzuki was too badly damaged to be repaired between the sessions.

The MSS Colchester Kawasaki pairing of Gary Mason and Howie Mainwaring also were 12th and 16th respectively.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Thruxton, Swan Combi Roll for Pole:

Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 1m:14.366s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.804s
Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +0.812s
Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.871s
John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +1.089s
Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +1.148s
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +1.183s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +1.197s
Christian Iddon (Sorrymate.com SMT Honda) +2.438s
Chris Walker (CW Racing Suzuki)

You can download a pdf file of ALL qualification results HERE
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2010, 06:37 PM by Malcolm.)
17-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Website Find Reply