Thruxton - Support Races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Thruxton - Support Races
Steve Plater, Josh Day and James Lodge were the victors today at Thruxton in the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship, Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship and the SpeedyRetail.com British 125GP Championship respectively.

Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship

Steve Plater powered to a second victory in as many races to tighten his grip on the Metzeler National Superstock title chase but the HM Plant Honda rider had to work all of the way to hold off the hard-charging Howie Mainwaring aboard the MSS Colchester Kawasaki.

Plater had claimed pole position at record race, but was sluggish off the line running eighth while Mainwaring forged ahead, chased by Conor Cummins and Tristan Palmer.

Behind them, Plater was closing, smashing the record on his second lap, clocking a remarkable time of 1m 16.938secs, as he moved fifth on the second lap.

Plater picked off Richard Cooper next time around and then Ian Hutchinson, with Plater fourth by the fourth lap - Palmer then felt the heat, with Plater going third, and next time around taking Cummins to be move second.

Mainwaring was under pressure and at two-thirds distance, Plater moved inside him on the charge into Club chicane. The Kawasaki rider hit back and briefly regained the lead, only for Plater to repeat his front-running move at Club.

Plater held off Mainwaring to take the victory by 0.228secs with Hutchinson third for Padgetts Honda. Cummins, on the Blackhorse Kawasaki; Moto Rapido Ducati rider Scott Smart and Midland Motorsport Honda's Sam Warren completed the top six.

Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship

Josh Day romped to victory in the second round of the Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship finishing some 9.5 seconds clear of Matt Bilton.

Day , riding the AIR Yamaha, led throughout the 14 lap race in which there was disappointment for the first round winner Jimmy Hill who tumbled out of contention at half distance.

Day was clear of the pack going through Club Chicane on the final lap before high drama saw Freddie Russo and Nikki Coates tangle and go down.

Bilton took second on his AP Kawasaki, and with it the lead in the title stakes.

Robbie Stewart completed the podium finishers ahead of Anthony Rogers, Luke Stapleford and Johnny Blackshaw.

SpeedyRetail.com British 125GP Championship

James Lodge continued the perfect start to the defence of his SpeedyRetail.com British 125GP crown as he won the second round by a little under two seconds from last year's Thruxton winner Brian Clark with James Ford in third place.

Lodge, riding the RS Racing/Earnshaws Motorcycles Honda, led throughout an incident packed race, with a number of riders tipping off, to extend his lead in the points standings.

Taylor Mackenzie rewarded the determined efforts of his father, former triple BSB champion Niall, to get him back to Thruxton from Spain where he had been in a Red Bull Rookies test. The 12 hour drive back saw Taylor take fourth place ahead of William Dunlop and Fraser Rogers.

Download a pdf file of ALL Race Results HERE
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Website Find Reply